NSW Point to Point Transport Regulation 2017 will soon be in effect

poweredgoogle

JUST GOT IN MY EMAIL

As part of the regulations, you’ll need to display a decal whenever you go online - we'll send it to you in the coming weeks.
To ensure you receive yours in the mail, please verify your address on the link below.

MGS

Is it required by law? How will it be policed. Will I be out with family friends one night, and pulled over cause I'm not displaying it, even though I'm signed off? This is frking dumb!!! We're not taxis. Can we use bus lanes? Can we drive like idiot cabbies? Can we park same area as cabbies at airports? Are there designated Uber ranks? No, so I'll be frked if I'm gonna display like one. Frk off RMS/ATO and your double standards...

Mulder99

It states when you are online , is when you need to display it.

So i assume it's detachable somehow.

Wait and see

Southuber

Hopefully only on windscreen.
I sometimes decide to go online when driving home from work. Wouldn't like to have to get out of the car in the middle of the Bondi exit of the ED

Scotsman

Also, DAC are no more:

"Driver authorities, a thing of the past
Authorised service providers must ensure their drivers meet new safety standards. This process replaces the driver authorisation scheme under the old legislation, meaning driver authorities will no longer be issued by the NSW Government. Anyone who held a driver authority immediately prior to the commencement of the legislation will automatically be recognised as meeting the safety standards under the Regulation. Roads and Maritime Services will write to these drivers about what will happen next."

Source: http://www.pointtopoint.nsw.gov.au/file/1421/download?token=jnORAasp

Atego

In my opinion this is a good thing. Even though we are not allowed in taxi bays etc if we get caught, this could give us some leeway.
Just my thought. Plus think of all the advertising. The more users in outer suburbs the better. I hate having to go city for fares.

MGS

No thanks. I like driving incognito. The only people I give a hoot about knowing I drive Uber are the people I'm picking up. Screw advertising for Uber to continue to steal 35% from me, for their overall benefit from free advertising. I'm not a billboard for the *****.

Only way it could truly be policed well, is if Uber shared random pickup details to police/rangers etc. If that happens, I will simply stop Ubering!!!

Atego

We have to stand up to cabbies. Let's not be intimidated by them. One tried to harass me in the city by constantly hooting.
I stepped out and did he not chicken out. I am not advising this approach but why should we cower

Southuber

Here's hoping for bus lane access.
On New Years day I picked up a cop.
We were talking about differences between taxi and Uber.
I mentioned that it's difficult to operate in the CBD because there's no stopping zones everywhere.
His response was "we tend to turn a blind eye to taxis but we don't know if you're an Uber driver". So hopefully some benefit?

Last edited:

MGS

So a Taxi, and even a displayed Uber can do a "No Stopping" but regular drivers can't. Stop the double standards...

I took North Sydey Council to court last month to fight a stupid parking fine,and I won. Whilst there, a taxi driver got let off for dropping off in a "bus stop". If I did that, just as a regular driver, BOOM, fine and not let off! If it's dangerous or intrusive, then it must be for all!!!