NRL Grand Final UberZone guaranteed 1.3 surge

Mulder99

Got this promo

Thanks but no thanks...been burnt too many times with crap traffic road closures and short trips to lidcombe station

There's will be plenty of jobs elsewhere..

Screenshot_2017-09-28-13-38-36.png

Last edited:

soontobeautomated

Such a relatively small surge area too. After the last State of Origin the whole area in a 10km radius when into a deep red surge for a while after the game. As a driver you will not know when accepting the pin is the trip is a 1.3 surge trip unless it is marked on the ping as the surge area is tiny.

I will be staying well clear. This is especially the case as FUber has their own corporate staff in attendence at dedicated pick up points. Why can't they do something like this in the CBD? Also, I bet they cap the surge at 1.3 so it does not reach x2 (or higher). As you will be driving EMPTY to Olympic Park at the end of the game PLUS dealing with crap traffic, a 1.3 x surge is hardly enticing. Based on previous experience it will take 30-40 mins from another trip to deal with traffic to get to Olympic Park, then a few mins farting around trying to find your passenger, then chaos trying to leave.

If you want one trip per hour (and a good chance a short one at that), then this is the place to be on Sunday night. No doubt the newbs will swarm in and lucky few will get a good trip - the rest of us will leave not have to contend with them in better locations for better and more frequent trips :wink:

EyesWIDEopen

Dead set con job...
This is specifically designed by uber to fool everyone including the state government... It's all a P.R job peeps, hope you can see through the facade...
Pubs around Sydney will be packed, and around 10-11:30pm will be going off...

We should organise a boycott at the pick-up and organise a rally to protest minimum wage, too many ants, driver complaints, and a one sided system that throws the driver overboard...

Ok, so we need every man that drives a Toyota camary hybrid to get on board with this...

soontobeautomated

UBER does

Dead set con job...
This is specifically designed by uber to fool everyone including the state government... It's all a P.R job peeps, hope you can see through the facade...
Pubs around Sydney will be packed, and around 10-11:30pm will be going off...

We should organise a boycott at the pick-up and organise a rally to protest minimum wage, too many ants, driver complaints, and a one sided system that throws the driver overboard...

Ok, so we need every man that drives a Toyota camary hybrid to get on board with this...

Dead set legend you are mate!

I don't know about a protest rally though. Ants are being offered 1.3 times, but being a Sunday, whats the bet that those corporate staff working the event are on double time or double time and a half! The best message ANTS could send is to stay away from this event. Imagine all the corporate staff feeling the heat from potential passengers as the surge rises and still no ants arrive....its the best message we could send to them. Of course if the surge on offer rises by more than 1.3 before the night, then we have proof that the Uber trolls that read this forum have skid marks that will take quite some bleach to remove.

They would have to offer x4 in advance for me to even consider picking up one passenger at Olympic Park. After all, you will likely not get more than two trips in this time period.

uber_driver

good news is this time there will be a proper uber pickup location with uber people helping you to find your passenger
its the first time they did anything for drivers in Sydney
slow but positive steps
hopefully not the last

Ultra

Nice. I can lap Olympic Park to Lidcombe all day, hitting the quick charger, and not pay a single cent in fuel costs.

Akong

Sunday will be an awesome day, so every Uber driver should be on the road and make a motza. Last year, I smashed $700 in 6 hours. There will be fares galore with super surges.

Every ant
Nice work by uber, every ant in the west will be there. Surge will be capped, traffic chaos awaits. Don't fall for their scam.

Everyone should boycott Olympic Park!
Every ant has as much right as you to be on the road. How dare you call your fellow drivers ants? It's the biggest day on the Uber calendar and everyone lets break our hourly rate records. I will be disappointed with anything less than $1,000 for 12 hours.

Calli
Nice work by uber, every ant in the west will be there. Surge will be capped, traffic chaos awaits. Don't fall for their scam.

Everyone should boycott Olympic Park!
Calling on all Uber drivers to bombard ANZ stadium and make BIG money$$$$$

EyesWIDEopen

good news is this time there will be a proper uber pickup location with uber people helping you to find your passenger
its the first time they did anything for drivers in Sydney
slow but positive steps
hopefully not the last
This can be deemed in a positive light, but would you like to be waiting 20,30 minutes for a $15 ride @ 1.3+...??? While the rest of Sydney is surging its chest off... It will be like Anzac day...
Uber staff out there will be on $60-$80 an hour and what are they offering us...??? 1.3...yup... A measly 1.3...

Never forget that uber is a business...
In business to make money...
In business to favour pax and screw over the driver...
One single B.S complaint from a pax and your account is terminated...
Period...

uber_driver

This can be deemed in a positive light, but would you like to be waiting 20,30 minutes for a $15 ride @ 1.3+...??? While the rest of Sydney is surging its chest off... It will be like Anzac day...
Uber staff out there will be on $60-$80 an hour and what are they offering us...??? 1.3...yup... A measly 1.3...

Never forget that uber is a business...
In business to make money...
In business to favour pax and screw over the driver...
One single B.S complaint from a pax and your account is terminated...
Period...

j just pointed out something positive by uber
for some people that will still go there

none of my post mentioned i will be going there

Jonny2017

This will be amazing!!! I'll get up there nice and early to make sure I'm first in teh queue.

Seriously coin to be made here. Coin. I'm talking COIN not dollar!