1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

NRG

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Bukrub, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Bukrub

Bukrub

Driving:
    UberX
    So how many people went to NRG for the surge that never came?

2. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Haha. Not me.

3. How about those Chiefs?

4. Auto

Auto

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes man I'm ****ed.****ing nrg peace of ****t

5. gronk

gronk

Me. But won a golden ticket at least. Made up for no surge.

6. Auto

Auto

Driving:
    UberX
    Go have a dinner with your golden ticket.

7. dont qualify for guarantee this weekend. Turned on the app, picked up close to NRG, brought second pax to NRG. Get a text - I won a golden ticket too :p makes my afternoon!

gronk likes this.
  8. Bukrub

Bukrub

Driving:
    UberX
    Wow! They do exist!

SweetAmy likes this.
  9. All guarantees uber giving lately are BS! All they wanted to do is to get the drivers out to get pax! Uber does not give a **** if driver makes any money

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  10. I was going to go out today to Uber for the game, but decided not to. Gonna try to increase my hours next week.

11. Is it even possible to make more than one pre-game and one post-game trip?

12. jreyn60

jreyn60

As I understand it, for a surge to happen, there have to be a lot of requests AND not enough drivers online at the same time. Lately, there are so many drivers out anticipating a surge, that it doesn't end up happening. Sound about right?

13. HOUTXRon

HOUTXRon

Not me. With a gazillion people driving around on the weekend you are more likely to spot a unicorn than a surge. Surges are overrated.

Did you notice for a surge area, the surge rate display states 1 - 1.4 X, for example. Which is pure bull****. So you could be in a surge "geofence" and still get only a 1X rate. I have been in active surge areas and did not even get a single ping. That's some creative programming.

14. It's like Pavlovian conditioning to try to get us to follow a biscuit around town.

15. jreyn60

jreyn60

Actually, the surge rate display always starts at 1 and goes to whatever the highest surge rate is at that moment. Regardless, whatever rate is active is the rate you'll get from a ping in that area.

16. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Lag aside, if you don't uber will fall back on the 1.0 UP TO argument. They like to say UP TO.

SweetAmy likes this.