Now you can filter requests! #gamechanger

itsablackmarket

So I am able to filter requests now. I can choose to do UberX/Select/XL/Eats or any combination of them. I think itsablackmarket may actually have something nice to say.
Almost. I'll say this should've been a feature a long time ago. Also, I'll say I'm surprised they did this. I thought they never would. Then again, I thought Travis would remain CEO. With him as CEO, I don't think this would have ever happened.

My concern now is if there's enough demand to drive without X enabled.

Last edited:

Trebor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Almost. I'll say this should've been a feature a long time ago. Also, I'll say I'm surprised they did this. I thought they never would. Then again, I thought Travis would remain CEO. With him as CEO, I don't think this would have ever happened.

My concern now is if there's enough demand to drive without X enabled.
Probably not if you do full time. Part time, waiting at home? Why not?

Uber has a little meter and the only way you are accepting the most requests is if you have x enabled. Even if you have 2 out 3 enabled. Most likely a psychological thing but maybe its accurate since Travis has been downgraded. (I wonder if they moved him to another office)

Not being able to select what type of ride you gave was a major black eye for Uber. Dallas uber black drivers were able to protest and win a few years back as well as NYC black drivers. Im getting the feeling the board is tired of lawsuits

So I am able to filter requests now. I can choose to do UberX/Select/XL/Eats or any combination of them. I think itsablackmarket may actually have something nice to say.
Yes, that is nice to have. I've got it, but I had to arm wrestle them for it. They specialize in not giving the driver what they want and muddle the waters to make things even more confusing. Just gotta push back.

Now they need to stop onboarding. Too many drivers means fewer pings. They just need to take care of their current drivers and not play games with them and they'll have a happier set of "independent contractors."

Trebor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, that is nice to have. I've got it, but I had to arm wrestle them for it. They specialize in not giving the driver what they want and muddle the waters to make things even more confusing. Just gotta push back.

Now they need to stop onboarding. Too many drivers means fewer pings. They just need to take care of their current drivers and not play games with them and they'll have a happier set of "independent contractors."
Yes, before you did, but now its part of their 180 days of change and I think they are rolling out slowly but eventually to all drivers.

Yes, before you did, but now its part of their 180 days of change and I think they are rolling out slowly but eventually to all drivers.
This happened just yesterday. You're right, the 180 Days of Change is SLOWLY settling in.

Btw, Is the "Deliveries" product just for packages only or does it include Eats OR are they separate? Just wondering. I'm guessing they both fall under Deliveries. And has anybody ever picked up a package other than from a rider. lol

jmx215

I think Uber will continue onboarding based on their marketing. "Work (your real job), chill, earn, chill", etc..

If they have plenty of part-time drivers just wanting to " earn " (peanuts, really) then Uber can meet the rider demand.

Has anyone seen marketing for riders??? I rarely and I mean raaaaarely see any marketing for riders. They should get more riders on the platform. That's what makes money.