Now what? Ducey the ice cream man seals the deal for 2021

FXService

Sounds like you guys need to update your radios to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible units.

Abbacab

Uber will be busy with modifications to the app. Thank you Elon Musk Nueralink technology so we can simply accept/deny rides with our thoughts...It's the States newest cash cow and blanket reason to pull you over for ANYTHING.

View attachment 313997

Robotic scientists have Been predicting since the 1980s that man would evolve into machine AI is very scary and one day the machines will rule this world and people like Elon musk are helping it along I fear the Future for my son I will not see it but my son Will and it will be people the millionaires and billionaires that will make it happen because these companies are building the AI and it will eventually take over everything

just_me

Robotic scientists have Been predicting since the 1980s that man would evolve into machine AI is very scary and one day the machines will rule this world and people like Elon musk are helping it along I fear the Future for my son I will not see it but my son Will and it will be people the millionaires and billionaires that will make it happen because these companies are building the AI and it will eventually take over everything
Zager and Evans predicted that man would evolve into a machine back in 1969 -
Post automatically merged:

Uber will be busy with modifications to the app. Thank you Elon Musk Nueralink technology so we can simply accept/deny rides with our thoughts...It's the States newest cash cow and blanket reason to pull you over for ANYTHING.

View attachment 313997

This will help - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075SQFL25/?tag=ubne0c-20

It's about time they passed this bill.

Last edited:

loophole

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How's that holder prevent me from reading incoming texts? It doesnt.

Glad I have limo tint, now I'll tint the front windshield too. Can't pull me over for that.

It's a ridiculous law that no one will follow. Legislators only approved this because their "enforcers" of the state got killed. They don't care about us

just_me

Way too many people out there holding a phone in one hand while driving with the other. They weave all over the road while their eyes are watching the phone and not the road. That's what the holder will stop. Preventing yourself from reading texts while driving is up to you. Once the enforcement starts, the law will be followed.

loophole

Laws are meant to be broken. The holder doesn't prevent me from being distracted. It also doesn't prevent me from reading a text.

Ajaywill

My question under this new law......If I reach out to touch my phone to accept a ride request while I'm moving....is this a violation of the law.
My phone is always in the vent mounted phone holder while driving.

Phxdriver

In the mean time it is ok to drive around with two or three dogs in your lap and running all over the car pretty sure that isn't distraction. I wonder if the cops are still going to be able to eat their donuts while driving? Ducey sounds like he is turning communist just like the dummies on the other side. This isn't rocket science just observe the drivers as they drive and if they need pulled over for driving erratic or not paying attention it shouldn't matter what causes the distraction they should be sited for that and with all the technology available the police should have visual evidence. Duh or no Duh Doug Ducey !!!

Droosk

For those interested, how this applies to Rideshare:

HB 2318, now ARS 28-914, Section C, Paragraph 4, subsection b, exceptions 1 and 2, full related text:

C. This section does not apply to:

4. An operator who uses a portable wireless communication device either:

(b) That was permanently or temporarily affixed to the motor vehicle to relay information in the course of the operators occupational duties between the operator and either:

(i) A dispatcher
(ii) A digital network or software application service

What this means:

As long as your device is either permanently (ie, those taxi fare display things) or temporarily affixed (ie, phone mounts), and you're using the device explicitly for communication with either a dispatcher (again, taxi), or a digital network (TNCs, ie Uber, Lyft, Postmates, etc), you cannot be ticketed for violation.

Phxdriver

Great now I get to see the other side. Driver has Lyft and Uber on trolling. Uber pings driver accepts1 . Now the driver minimizes2 Uber to turn Lyft off. Lyft ping long ride 45 minutes driver accepts3, minimizes Lyft4 opens Uber5 to Cancel. Drivers taps to open 6 pressing cancel 7 selects reason wrong address from 5 miles away 8 turns Uber off 9 opens Lyft 10 Phone rings blocks out map 11 this can go on for quite a while easy solution women are no longer aloud to drive. No your honor I did not take one hand off the steering wheel to scratch my balls.

loophole

aloud
  • audibly; not silently or in a whisper.
allow
past tense: allowed; past participle: allowed
  • give (someone) permission to do something.

Sounds like you guys need to update your radios to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible units.

Last edited: