1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Now we have our own place to chat!

Discussion in 'Helsinki' started by AndyfromFinland, Jun 4, 2015.

1. AndyfromFinland

AndyfromFinland New Member

I think it is polite to speak english, even most of us would like to speak finnish?
    Lets use this place well, to speak things related to Uber and ridesharing in Helsinki, or Finland in general.

2. Sydney Uber

Sydney Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    I've never actually spoken with a Finnish driver - you write well in English. How's UBER going there? Doing OK for you?

3. AndyfromFinland

AndyfromFinland New Member

Yeah, It's mostly nice to drive for Uber.

Recently there have been many press-releases from the local Taxi-association, asking how Uber
    can function in Finland? Since they see this as an illegal-Taxi.

I myself see this as just another mean of transportation.
    If you think about Busses, Subway, Trams, Railroads, Carpools, (Call-plus) and Taxis. I think that this is for the
    transportation need between Call-plus and Taxi.

I guess I need to explain this "Call-Plus" to other non-Finnish people. Call-Plus is my direct translation.
    Its a mini-buss that has Government start-up money for several million euros, the rides are optimised so that
    the route is fastest and shortest and the traveling time is optimised also. It stops any where to pick-up or let people out.
    See more here: https:// kutsuplus.fi/ home (in english) (remove spaces after forward slashes)

We're living interesting times, in Finland regarding the future of Uber in here, after what happened in France.
    (Even though France is quite an extraordinary country, regarding their politicians and way of making public decisions)

How is it in Australia? Is Uber active only in Sydney? Do you have any problems between taxi-drivers?
    Does people make living from Uber in Sydney? Has Uber cut their prices yet?

4. Sydney Uber

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    I have cars in UBER Black/SUV. Watching with interest how UBERX and its challenge to the "legal" Public Transport modes finally plays out.

The Taxi industry around the world provided uber with this opportunity, living in a safe closed regulated market, whilst over the decades simply forgetting that they needed to keep the passengers interests first and not evolve a industry with Investor returns foremost.

But the crazy thing is what UBER is doing by continually dropping prices to knockout competition and increasing commissions for their investors, is to upset the best drivers, who will always have options and hang onto the poorest drivers with fewer options.

So UBERX becomes what it aims to knock out.

Black and SUV is swamped with cars and income is less than 50% it was 12 months ago. Even with better rates.

Uber is active in all capital cities except Darwin and Hobart. Not all have the range of cars.

Oh!

Why are there no Finns on the moon?
    They went, but there was no wood.

5. Stratos

Stratos Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Moi:

Wishing all the Uber drivers in Finland to have a wonderful time and to enjoy the ride.

6. Janne

Janne New Member

Janne is also signed in this forum.

7. Idiot Savant

Idiot Savant Member

backstreets-trans and tohunt4me like this.
  8. jake25

jake25 New Member

Hi, I am a student and I am doing research about transporting second hand items.
    I would like to ask if you are interested in being a part of service that would collect and transport second hand items from place A to B for some price.
    If yes.
    How should it works for you?
    Would stopping in multiple stops bother you?
    Do you think you will provide help with moving and lifting items and with or without an additional price?
    How much do you expect to get pay if working for delivery item service (€/h)?

Thanks for answers.

9. Sydney Uber

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    I hope that you have planned to have the drivers involved in this venture fully insured for any breakages and loss.

More importantly have the drivers covered with personal insurance for injuries they are likely to do to themselves.

10. jake25

jake25 New Member

Well that is a good point. Drivers should maybe have themselves some kind of personal insurance. Are you a Uber driver?

11. Sydney Uber

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Been a Chauffeur for 21 years and a cabbie 9 yrs before that

12. jake25

jake25 New Member

Okey nice. What do you think about idea of transporting second hand stuff in similar way as uber transport people?