Now Uber Paystatements showing Acceptance Rate & Driver Cancellations

ub3r1can

Just noticed that Pay Statements from Uber now showing the # of Completed Trips, Acceptance Rates, and Driver Cancellations.

I suspect that they are showing these to start to crack down on POOL rejections and/or POOL Cancellations.

ShadyBrady

Well, if Uber wants to raise hell with statistics on acceptance rate, then I'll counter with statistics on POOL matches. When they first introduced POOL I knew it was a bad idea, but gave it a shot, so I took POOL rides. Here are my POOL statistics, and I'm guessing that mine aren't significantly different than anyone else's. Total POOL rides: 211 Matched POOL rides: 6. A less-than 3% success rate is a complete and dismal failure in anyone's (other than UBER) book. The next step would be to add the miles of those trips to determine how much money I've lost.

My ride acceptance rate is about 30 times their POOL match rate.

I'm not sure why they're reporting Drive Cancellations. I cancelled one ride last week, when I waited between 3-4 minutes on a POOL request. This is exactly according to procedure (actually, I should have cancelled after 2 mins), so why bother displaying it?

ub3r1can

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's the reason why UBER is trying as much as possible to promote uberPOOL with these $3.05, $2, etc. POOL rides; they need more and more riders to get used to and acquainted with POOL as to increase their chances of matching more rides; that's when UBER will make any money at the cost of drivers doing more work for no additional pay. I'm amazed why they even allow POOL at the weird hours of night when probability of matching rides will be low to non-existent.

UberJag

I noticed this too and mine is all wrong! I did 6 trips last night with 100% acceptance and it says I did 12 trips with 87% acceptance! I had a guaranteed hourly rate of $40 an hour from 5-7pm and I hope they don't screw me over with this wrong acceptance rate!

JMW1072

I got a nastygram email from them today about my acceptance rate. Which this week was 82% & last week was 90%. I probably did skip a few trips, but I know 1 timed out on me when I tried to accept & I had a crazy person ping me 3x last night, I accepted twice & they cancelled each time. The third time I ignored it. After they sent me the snotty email today I wrote back. You can't even turn off the app when it is alerting you, you have to wait for it to countdown & then turn it off. Totally unfair.

phuseche

I guess cancellations are not deducted from acceptance rate as they occur after you accepted them. Otherwise no way I could have 85% acceptance rate with 25 cancellations and 75 completed trips.

phuseche

I have been having some kind of my own small fight with POOL riders, accepting and then cancelling, instead of ignoring them. This as to annoy them with POOL. Guess it may be time to stop behaving like a juvenile delinquent. hahahaha.

4-WARNED

Apparently my acceptance rate since april has consistently been in the 30% range. I've not ever received any hate mail from uber about it, and I'm thinking the only reason why is because i have never had more than 1 canceled ride in any given week. I average about 30 completed rides per week and never, never, never accept pool.

WestSubDriver

I've noticed that Driver Cancellation on pay statement equates to any cancellation actioned by the Driver even if its the Rider who technically cancelled. My recent online pay statement reflects 2 Driver Cancellations. I actioned both of them in the app - one for way late Pool Rider (despite texts and unanswered phone call) and another was Rider who declined ride to my face after I had arrived to pick them up (an arguing couple outside a party). I cancelled for them choosing the Rider requested cancel option. In my world, I did not cancel those rides - the Riders did.

4-WARNED

I've noticed that Driver Cancellation on pay statement equates to any cancellation actioned by the Driver even if its the Rider who technically cancelled. My recent online pay statement reflects 2 Driver Cancellations. I actioned both of them in the app - one for way late Pool Rider (despite texts and unanswered phone call) and another was Rider who declined ride to my face after I had arrived to pick them up (an arguing couple outside a party). I cancelled for them choosing the Rider requested cancel option. In my world, I did not cancel those rides - the Riders did.
If the pax wants to cancel then let them do it themself. If they're smart they'll know they need to do it within 5 minutes of requesting you as long as you're within 5 minutes of the pickup point. But mostly they're not. You still get your cancellation fee without affecting your cancel rate.

WestSubDriver

If the pax wants to cancel then let them do it themself. If they're smart they'll know they need to do it within 5 minutes of requesting you as long as you're within 5 minutes of the pickup point. But mostly they're not. You still get your cancellation fee without affecting your cancel rate.
Agree with your point. I thought I probably should have had the second rider cancel the ride while I sat there. But, it was an intoxicated, arguing couple outside a party. I just wanted to move on with my night after driving several miles to retrieve them. So, after verbally confirming they had changed their minds, I cancelled with indication that rider asked for cancel. I received my cancellation fee in both these cases which clearly indicates they were both rider-induced cancellations. Uber obviously has the cancellation reason in their system. Figured that I would point out that the Driver Cancellations on their dashboard appear to be any cancellation actioned by the Driver, even if its the Rider's fault.

4-WARNED

Agree with your point. I thought I probably should have had the second rider cancel the ride while I sat there. But, it was an intoxicated, arguing couple outside a party. I just wanted to move on with my night after driving several miles to retrieve them. So, after verbally confirming they had changed their minds, I cancelled with indication that rider asked for cancel. I received my cancellation fee in both these cases which clearly indicates they were both rider-induced cancellations. Uber obviously has the cancellation reason in their system. Figured that I would point out that the Driver Cancellations on their dashboard appear to be any cancellation actioned by the Driver, even if its the Rider's fault.
I hear ya. As you now realize, the person who hits the cancel button owns it regardless of the subcategory selected beneath it. I imagine those categories are only there for uber's internal tracking & reference purposes. I can't imagine a human being ever looks at them unless there's a complaint from the pax.

Brian-drives

**2nd request **
Can you PLEASE provide a screen shot of where you are finding this information.

I have looked on the web site, the app and on my pay statement and cannot find .

Thank you.

4-WARNED

**2nd request **
Can you PLEASE provide a screen shot of where you are finding this information.

I have looked on the web site, the app and on my pay statement and cannot find .

Thank you.
Its not on the app. Its on the right side of your pay statement at uber.com. you have to log into your driver account. I can't log in at this very moment but i will send a screenshot when i am able to.