Now uber half off rides!

joeyoey

This is the first I've seen this. This doesn't affect us though, right? I mean, if it's a $8 fare & we'd normally get $6, we're still getting $6, right? I'm assuming any promos they run are coming from Uber? Lord knows, it's hard enough to make any $ with Uber to begin with.

Slavic Riga

Now fuber giving these people half off their fare to match Lyft ! I just think it is rediculous?
What is the message you trying to convey.
(1) Is Uber matching Lyft fares or
(2) Is Uber returning 50 percent of the fare to Lyft riders when they take a ride with LYFT.
(3) Is Uber going to decrease the Fare by 50 percent.

If #2 & it does not affect your payout. Who cares. Eventually there will be a Fare war.
If I am a Lyft rider, I will take a ride with Lyft & then forward the trip to Uber for 50 percent reimbursement.
That way I am on both platforms.

Bill Wirth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The message that I'm conveying is that uber is matching lyfts promotion which is rediculous because the fares are too cheappppp!!!!!!

Bill Wirth

I wish I could forward my stuff to someone else! Wtf! Am I losing my mind or is society just not all there? Please think about what you are saying before you hit post reply!

Bill Wirth

I just took someone to the airport and there fate was 11.91$. I think with this half off promotion they went for less than 6$!!!!!! And they liked my car! And my music and we had great conversation ! No tip!!!! Oh my god!!!!!

Bill Wirth

Now I did take another guy from chapel hill fare 17$ Something. He tipped me 20$ which was really generous! But this is extremely rare!!!!!!

Disgusted Driver

Now I did take another guy from chapel hill fare 17$ Something. He tipped me 20$ which was really generous! But this is extremely rare!!!!!!
What's a tip?

Seriously though, I have a separate rider account and haven't seen anything about a promo. If I knew it was half off I would give myself a ride and come out a little ahead! :wink:

Respect The Beard

I just took someone to the airport and there fate was 11.91$. I think with this half off promotion they went for less than 6$!!!!!! And they liked my car! And my music and we had great conversation ! No tip!!!! Oh my god!!!!!
I havent received any text or emails in regards to this either.I know me personally if I'm a rider and it's a promotion I always tip about $5 but then again I tip $5-$7 normally anyway