1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

NOW I DONT FEEL SAFE! Thanks Uber (NOT!)

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by UberDriverInTeslaP85D, Dec 8, 2016.

?
  1. Yes, tell criminals we are an easy target.

4.3%
  2. No, keep the criminals guessing and keep us safe.

95.7%
  1. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

UberDriverInTeslaP85D Member

yojimboguy... this was a serious post. Unless you have something additional to add about me being chicken, scared, coward, etc. because I dont want uber advertising I am unarmed, please stop trolling. We heard your opinion that we should accept being beat up.

2. thesatanicmechanic

thesatanicmechanic Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Have ccw, but keep this in my door pocket. I don't want to shoot somebody, but don't exactly dread the opportunity to have to whip this out.
    bear spray.jpg

UberDriverInTeslaP85D likes this.
  3. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

An armed Uber driver in Florida stopped an armed robbery attack by shooting and killing one of the suspects.
    Police officers in Aventura, Florida, are investigating the shooting death of a man who was apparently attempting to rob an Uber driver. The driver shot and killed the would-be robber as he approached his car displaying weapons, WSVN 7News reported.

The Uber driver was cut off by another vehicle carrying two people. The passenger of the car jumped out of the car and allegedly approached the Uber driver’s car displaying two guns. The driver, who has a Florida Concealed Weapons License, pulled his own gun and shot the robbery suspect. The robber fell dead in the street.

The driver of the other vehicle fled the scene in a gray Dodge Caravan.

No description of the deceased robber, or the getaway driver were provided at the time of the report.

The robbery attempt took place on the westbound lanes of the Lehman Causeway early Sunday morning.

Neither the Uber driver, nor his passenger, were injured in the robbery attempt, the Miami Heraldreported. Police spokesman Chris Goranitis told the Miami newspaper the Uber driver fired several shots striking the suspected robber. The robber died at the scene.

Police officials stated the Uber driver will not likely face any charges in connection with the shooting death. Florida law allows the use of deadly force to defend yourself from a situation where death or serious bodily injury are likely.

SibeRescueBrian likes this.
  4. rembrandt

rembrandt Well-Known Member

A news spreads better than an advertisement. Potential criminals certainly have taken note of the recent fatal shooting involving some Uber shooters. It is obvious that some Uber drivers will continue to excercise their 2nd amendment right regardless whatever Uber advertise. Hopefully, there will be more exhibitions of Uber shooters in the future and the criminals will pay more attention to those incidents than any Uber advertisement. The take is that Uber drivers are wolves in sheep clothing.

5. phillipzx3

phillipzx3 Well-Known Member

UberX driving a P85D? Now THAT'S a troll. :) What sort of person drives a $90K+ car for a buck a mile? ;-)

6. OlDirtySapper

OlDirtySapper Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    I dont see why I should have to give up my right to self defense for any kind of independent contract work. But you know if nothing bad has ever happened to you it must never happen to anyone....I'd rather have my gun and not need it than need it and not have it.

7. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

First o
    First of all it was $120k, :) second, my other Uber car is a Mercedes GL550 as an "x". I use uber many times a week as a rider and wanted to see what the other side had to deal with and enjoyed giving rides while heading to my destinations. As a rider I have seen uber "x" everything from the very largest pickup trucks to the smallest smelliest, full of junk car that obviously had pets living in the back seat. Uber drivers seem to be the last man at the bottom of the hill that **** rolls down. Drivers are the ones that ultimately deal with angry cab drivers, unfriendly counties, unthoughtful uber decisions/rules/rates. Truthfully unless uber makes it so drivers can do a bit better, drivers and their cars will migrate toward the lower end and personally that's not what I want in an uber as a rider. The extent of interest uber has in their drivers is only determined by their business profits, only shortage of drivers or something that reduces income brings any resemblance of caring about the driver, don't be fooled. Of course unhappy drivers is not a good thing for business, but until there is not an unlimited source of drivers, nothing will get better for drivers. Uber could do so much better and I fear they will loose their momentum. And back on topic, I get all sorts of requests driving in a Tesla, but my limit is I will take your picture behind the wheel. No you cannot drive it, lol.

8. Hugo

Hugo Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    No one is forcing you to do contract work.

I hear ya. I'm still waiting for giant comets and asteroids. Already got giant hemorrhoids.

Like condoms.

9. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Uber = Safely hazard

10. brendon292

brendon292 Well-Known Member

It is called concealed carry for a reason, no? PAX shouldn't know if you're armed. If you do happen to use your firearm while driving, you should be doing so only to protect yourself or others from death or grievous bodily harm. At that point, does it really matter what Uber thinks? If they want to deactivate me for protecting myself or others, go for it.

I'm wondering if a properly licensed and trained off-duty law enforcement officer (who happens to drive for Uber part-time) would be allowed to carry.

P.S. I'm Canadian. We don't have concealed carry up here and I don't know much about it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  11. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

Exactly. My point - don't be tellin everyone I'm unarmed. That is what can cause trouble to happen.

12. Hilljacker

Hilljacker Well-Known Member

How many of the people that might be out to rob you have actually read Uber's policy on drivers not carrying guns? Out of all the criminals that have perpetrated crimes against Uber drivers I'll bet exactly zero have read the policy.

13. UberDriverInTeslaP85D

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! Ask any bigger city police officer, undesirables know what places are posted "no firearms" and they get hit many times more and places frequented by gun toting citizens stay crime free. Career neighborhood criminals are smarter than you think, mostly crimes of opportunity and are not all just drugged out zombies looking for a quick buck. They have lots of idle time to figure things out and they do.

PCH5150 likes this.
  14. Southdiver

Southdiver Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Several years ago when the I.T. industry took a dive, I decided to start delivering pizzas to supplement my income. While it sucked, facing foreclosure sucked more.
    Anyway, the pizza place had a strict "no firearms" policy. Using my logic, I decided that I was not going to get killed because some crackhead wanted my money so, I decided to ignore the policy. As someone else mentioned, it is called concealed for a reason. Fortunately, I never shot anyone and, because I followed the first rule of CCP, nobody ever knew I was packing.
    I don't see how Uber is any different.

15. Gordiano

Gordiano Active Member

For what it's worth.... I've seen Tesla drivers in my area..... don't know why anyone would do that for a $1 mile.