• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Not worth eating the tolls...... you think?

PilotJ

While "on the system" this weekend I got a request that was 8 minutes away (I was near ODU) from a rider in Portsmouth. I accepted the fare, crossed the tunnel to get to the rider. Picked up the rider only to take the rider less than a mile over to High St. for the minimum $5.90 fare. After seeing that I only received a whopping $3.20 for doing this ride, and I didn't get reimbursed for using the tunnel my take home on this fare is only $1.24? (That's after withholding 30% for taxes) I submitted a help ticket from Uber regarding this, and this was there response below which I have inserted. If Uber isn't going to reimburse us for going over and picking up riders on the other side of the Elizabeth River.... It's pretty clear that they are going to promote/foster the people on the other side of the water getting fares passed up. I know from this point unless I see a Surge of over 2.5 come across my screen, I'll be passing on every request I see from his point that is on the other side of the river from where I am.

**DRIVERS BE WARNED** Don't let this happen to you.

Westmania

While "on the system" this weekend I got a request that was 8 minutes away (I was near ODU) from a rider in Portsmouth. I accepted the fare, crossed the tunnel to get to the rider. Picked up the rider only to take the rider less than a mile over to High St. for the minimum $5.90 fare. After seeing that I only received a whopping $3.20 for doing this ride, and I didn't get reimbursed for using the tunnel my take home on this fare is only $1.24? (That's after withholding 30% for taxes) I submitted a help ticket from Uber regarding this, and this was there response below which I have inserted. If Uber isn't going to reimburse us for going over and picking up riders on the other side of the Elizabeth River.... It's pretty clear that they are going to promote/foster the people on the other side of the water getting fares passed up. I know from this point unless I see a Surge of over 2.5 come across my screen, I'll be passing on every request I see from his point that is on the other side of the river from where I am.

**DRIVERS BE WARNED** Don't let this happen to you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bentfender Vehicles 0
GL1800SK Advice 33
pinnacle New York City 18