Not up to it...

uberski

Just took a whole week off, (for the most part) feel like a million bucks. Yeah I ran the app from the vacation location during likely surge times and did a couple rides here and there. Did all fares in shorts, aloha shirt, and flip flops or deck shoes. (I said vacation) noticed no drop in rating to speak of...anyways I'm back now. What a difference, have to make a habit of doing that.
Did you do a lax run...cause I swear I saw a driver in a Hawaiian shirt board shorts and flip flops taking pax luggage out lol it was a couple weeks ago

Sacto Burbs

He probably would have stayed out all day if riders had greased his palms with some greenback smack. Tips make everything feel better. Cash in hand, what a motivator. Too bad the @@@@@@@@@ at fuBer don't get that.
A $1 tip on a min fare ride ain't gonna keep me on the road

UberSneak

So this morning I noticed something interesting, I was at Kaiser on Venice getting my prescription and I saw an Uber parked in the handicapped spot, on the section where it says "No Parking". Then I spotted the driver, he was going around asking people if they were his pax. He eventually found them; they were a very old couple. After slowly inching their way to his car, they got in and they drove off. That's great, he's a really nice guy for doing that, no doubt about it. But I kinda felt bad because I don't think I would have done all that to find the pax; specially since he had to pay to enter the parking structure (unless he made it out in the 5 min grace period, which I don't think he did) and I definitely wouldn't have risked parking where he did. Not because I'm a jerk, but simply because it's definitely not worthwhile to do more than is required considering what we get paid. Which is a complete 180 compared to when I started; I would have gladly gone in there, parked legally, and found them, because I knew what I was getting paid was decent, and I knew I could always rely on the next ride to make up for the extra time it took to find them.
I guess I just felt bad because if that driver hadn't done all of that, I know that old couple would have sat out there for a long time before a driver actually came and got them.

Ububu

[QUOTE=" it's definitely not worthwhile to do more than is required considering what we get paid. Which is a complete 180 compared to when I started; I would have gladly gone in there, parked legally, and found them, because I knew what I was getting paid was decent, and I knew I could always rely on the next ride to make up for the extra time it took to find them.[/QUOTE]
Amen!

Old Town Uber

You can always tell the new drivers, they are hyper and speed to the pick up location, if you're in the way, they beep at you. They are on a mission. When they arrive they leap from the car, looking around every where to find someone to throw in their back seat. Head goes up high and start acting like a dog chasing their tail. Where's my pax, where's my pax, got to get me my pax (think of the kibble and bits theme song). Remember when it was the other way around? we would pull up and the passenger would be on the curb chasing their tail all excited because they hit a button and a car showed up. What the hell happened? Remember how pleasant the passenegrs use to be, all cheery asking so many questions, so excited by this new technology. Man things have changed

Last edited:

UberSneak

You can always tell the new drivers, they are hyper and speed to the pick up location, if you're in the way, they beep at you. They are on a mission. When they arrive they leap from the car, looking around every where to find someone to throw in their back seat. Head goes up high and start acting like a dog chasing their tail. Where's my pax, where's my pax, got to get me my pax (think of the kibble and bits theme song). Remember when it was the other way around? we would pull up and the passenger would be on the curb chasing their tail all excited because they hit a button and a car showed up. What the hell happened? Remember how pleasant the passenegrs use to be, all cheery asking so many questions, so excited by this new technology. Man things have changed
Yea I've noticed some of those! I usually think they're the usual @@@@@@@ trying to beat traffic by driving like a lunatic, but a couple of times it was an Uber driver. In no situation would you EVER need to speed to pick up or even drop off a pax. Ever. You don't get paid enough to make that speeding ticket/reckless driving ticket worth it.

CaptainJackLA

Damn that sucks....my condolences, make sure you check the riders app for your competition. And circle around the fanciest hotels. I used always get lucky in dtla with a nnice 2.1x+ surge to LAX in the morning.
i was all around the Luxe, Biltmore, etc.

CaptainJackLA

i try to get there about the 5 minute mark or slightly after, then if they cancel it's a free $5 for me. got it 2 times last week that way. but most of the time, i get there, nobody outside...now i'm saying WHERE THE @@@@ ARE YOU ?

early this morning i had a lyft call, got to the exact residential address. at about 3 minutes, still nobody there, i get a 1.9x uber ping...yeah boy, on my way. as soon as i take the uber ping, i see a guy in the street ahead of me about 4 doors up [right at Wilshire]. he seemed wasted, holding a can of something. i begin to drive forward, totally ignoring him as he waving at me. after i pass him, i can hear him yell HEY HEY ! i cancel his ride as i turn the corner. too bad, so sad. FOOL ! should have been at the right address

Eat.Sleep.Drive

He probably would have stayed out all day if riders had greased his palms with some greenback smack. Tips make everything feel better. Cash in hand, what a motivator. Too bad the @@@@@@@@@ at fuBer don't get that.
Nailed it. Before cabbing, I was always broke n beholden to credit card co. Afterwards, I'm flushed (easy now :smiles:), free of debt,..., I'm now one of those rare chaps who pays almost every thing by cash. I 'll be cabbing till the cows come home :p:biggrin:
Let's not forget what TIP stands for either: To Insure Performance.