• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Not the free food thread you think it is ;)

Let's talk free food/treats that restaurants give us just for being good little ants. (No, free sodas/coffee from McD's don't count. Most locations will give you that if you ask nicely. That actually is/was supposed to be a driver perk per UE's agreement with McD, along with free Wi-Fi and "clean restrooms" - not too sure about the latter, lol)

Today I was given a free mango lassi (sweet mango smoothie type drink) at an Indian restaurant just for waiting 5 minutes for the order to be ready and not giving them attitude about it <winks> good stuff!

I've also received (in the past) a couple of free ice cream cones, and one time free medium fries, from McD's

Anyone else ever get anything good??

peteyvavs

Let's talk free food/treats that restaurants give us just for being good little ants. (No, free sodas/coffee from McD's don't count. Most locations will give you that if you ask nicely. That actually is/was supposed to be a driver perk per UE's agreement with McD, along with free Wi-Fi and "clean restrooms" - not too sure about the latter, lol)

Today I was given a free mango lassi (sweet mango smoothie type drink) at an Indian restaurant just for waiting 5 minutes for the order to be ready and not giving them attitude about it <winks> good stuff!

I've also received (in the past) a couple of free ice cream cones, and one time free medium fries, from McD's

Anyone else ever get anything good??
I got a high cholesterol, and panhandlers begging at the drive through line.

OneRideOneVomit

I get free food all the time and just about every place I pickup from give me discounts when I'm not working. I'm a very social and friendly person though. Most drivers in my area look like death and don't seem to shower often and are rude or impatient. Others hardly speak english. So my restaraunts are always happy when I get the order instead of the others.

YourFoodIsGettingCold

That's pretty cool. All I got was an unwanted pizza that had obviously been sitting on the oven for at least an hr or so. You could tell because while the ingredients were good, the crust was super hard. Gave it to a hobo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's pretty cool. All I got was an unwanted pizza that had obviously been sitting on the oven for at least an hr or so. You could tell because while the ingredients were good, the crust was super hard. Gave it to a hobo.
Oh yeah my husband and I got a free pizza once too that no one had picked up. Yummy thin crust from Rosati's! I'd forgotten about that one lol.

Invisible

I did my first ever Red Robin pickup last week. Did not have to wait. The hostess gave me the bag, and handed me a cup of fries. For you!
I wonder if RR is w/ Eats here now. They’re the best, and as you know the fries are good, too.

911 Guy

I love seeing the ping turn into a Red Robin trip. Always a snack for the road. Lots of free drinks from various places.

dlearl476

The Red Robin here pretty much sucks. Clear on the south end of town and despite that, the orders are never ready. To add insult to injury, 50% of the orders go to the 4 hotels less than a mile away.

After had an “incident” with a mgr (later fired) I’ve never been back.

I got a free McDs meal once because it had been sitting 15 minutes and the mgr insisted on making another. Normally I don’t do McDs but damn, those “Signature Burgers” are pretty good.

The only place I regularly get free stuff is Mooyah Burgers. Like 5 Guys, they have two sizes of fries: Too Big and Way Too Big. And they’re the best fries in town. (Yes, better than 5 Guys) When I’m driving and order a “Personal” Fry (Too big) they never let me pay.

Santa

This one restaurant offers me free glass of water and then wait 5 mins because the order is never ready. The delivery usually goes far away so I don't mind it.

2-3 weeks ago got offered an icecream feom this icecream place while in SKIP.

Overall Canadians of all backgrounds are cheap and never get offered anything, and that includes McDys also.

Rickos69

My one and only favorite McD never failed to offer me a free soft drink, UNTIL!
It was sold, and is now the only McD in a pretty large radius who's lobby is open 24/7/365.
But no free drinks for drivers anymore.

Launchpad McQuack

Funny because I was thinner doing UE because of all the walking through apartment complexes. 😃
Now that the weather is nice, any time I am not actively on a delivery I am walking. If it gets slow and I'm waiting for pings, rather than just sit in my car I get out and walk up and down the street. It's a little boring because you can't walk too far away from your car but still better than sitting.

Invisible

Now that the weather is nice, any time I am not actively on a delivery I am walking. If it gets slow and I'm waiting for pings, rather than just sit in my car I get out and walk up and down the street. It's a little boring because you can't walk too far away from your car but still better than sitting.
I walk in between pings, too. But with R/S, I’m still walking a lot less than I did.

yorker

I was given a soda fountain drink once. Other day was asked if I would like something to drink, I said " sure, iced water ". Given a cup and served myself. I bring a cup to a special restaurant and ask them if I can get ice and water, they say OK.

Now as far as the Uber Pro Perks, LOL. All I have ever been offered was a drink or drink and cookie from Subway. There are so many of them in Houston. probably 4 of them within 1 1/2 mile of my house. The one with the free drink is always at least 4 mile from my current location. I was in a strip center today that had a Subway, I was ending my day and looked, but no. They want to look like they were giving you something, but they know you won't drive that far to get it. The closer I get to one, it moves to another location. Like dangling carrot in front of a horse.