1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Not Sure If I Want to Drive Tonight

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by groovyguru, Sep 5, 2015.

1. I don't drive often. I take one trip every two weeks or so to stay active. I figure I'll stay on-boarded just in case the rates go back up to, you know, $2.40 a mile or so on X. So tonight I have to take my son to a party in Downey. I was thinking I would drive until he is ready to leave. But then I was thinking I would just camp out at a coffee shop and write my next book. Hauling folks around at $5 a ride is not all that appealing. Sure, maybe I'll hit the big one and get a twenty. But so what. I'm leaning toward the book.

2. Gretzky

Gretzky

Here's to catching a nice surge :HighFive:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    FUberX and uber pro like this.
  3. arto71

arto71

Driving:
    UberX
    I believe USC has a late start today 8:00pm or something like that. Personally I don't work late evening hours or nights. If you're out there
    Check it out

4. Thanks, but when I drive by USC I turn my app off.

5. Same here I usually drive a little further up past Staples to avoid student going across campus.

I would drive unless your writing about Coffee shops. The next pax will be more interesting bro. Trust me Tyler Durden is out there. Happy hunting and Good Luck out there.

groovyguru likes this.
  6. So I gave it a shot in Downey. Got a pool request so let it time out. Then got an x request. Accepted, but they canceled. Got another one. Accepted, they canceled. Got another pool, let it time out. Then anothe x, accepted, then turned the phone off and drove to Long Beach for a good fish dinner on Second Street. I suppose the last rider request cancelled. Hanging at the marina now, working on a book. Gonna chuck my laminated "U" in the nearest dumpster.

Txchick and GeladaMate like this.
  7. Save the U man. You never know when you'll need it for a check point.

I Love UBER, soonsoon and UBERZERKER like this.
  8. what was the name of the fish place? How was it?

9. I didn't want to do the restaurant thing and be obligated to giving s tip to some waiter who probably never tips his uBer driver (but has probably puked in a few uBer cars) so I ended up at Baja Fresh. For $12 you get a pretty killer good fish plate.

Scenicruiser likes this.
  10. Ned

Ned

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Rubio's California Bowl with blackened tilapia or mahi-mahi is the killer. all for under 10 bucks too.

CaptainJackLA likes this.
  11. CaptainJackLA

CaptainJackLA

Driving:
    UberX
    you should try Lyft, then you can put in the Destination Filter [as long as you are in LA county]. It does not give that option in OC. Then you may get a ride from Downey to Long Beach.

But why so far for dinner?

12. CaptainJackLA

CaptainJackLA

Driving:
    UberX
    I agree, Rubio's is much better. I always keep my Coke Zero in the trunk, and a thermos. I just get ice wherever I go...almost free soda each time.

Ned likes this.
  13. To smell the salty sea...