Inshur

Not stopping for TFL

moe786x

What happens when u don’t stop for TFL?
I was dropping at T4, inspector on side..
Took out luggage, see the inspector with there device out (prob checking licence etc)
Close boot and get in car
As I am about to drive off walks towards driver window and taps
Drove off pretend I didn’t see.

Didn’t stop because I didn’t have my badge on me to be honest.

What can happen?
Funny thing is I got a request 5 mins later T4 pickup, called Passanger sounded very clued up on pickup point for T4
Saw rating 3.98..
Does this mean they are requesting Uber’s?!
Cancelled and logged off.

Syloti_ba

‘You did not notice’ keep that way. Don’t stress. If something comes through post deal with it later.

UberLuxbod

The ones that are pulling you have the right to stop you.

I am.sure they were trained by the Police to do it though you would have to research their exact powers yourself.

I would expect you will get a letter in the post

Dov

Make sure your car and documents are in order
Enforcement may come to your house to check

Cabbie2B

Took out luggage, see the inspector with there device out (prob checking licence etc)

What can happen?
Funny thing is I got a request 5 mins later T4 pickup, called Passanger sounded very clued up on pickup point for T4
Saw rating 3.98..
Can say you thought someone was trying to hail you but as it’s against rules to pick up without prior booking you ignored potential customer.

-JR-

What can happen?
Saw rating 3.98..
Mate, don't fear COs.

If you're kosher and have nothing to hide a stop can often be a pleasing experience.

Hilarious even, as some like to act the biggun: strutting around all authoritative with puffed out chests thinking they are the mutts nuts.

The one's that don't wear their badge around their neck purchase Police warrant card holders from eBay and insert their Kellogg's TfL badge for effect ?

And others you'd think have an imaginary H&K MP5 over their shoulder by the way their own self-importance oozes from their arse/elbow (they get those mixed up)

They are however only doing their jobs and a stop can be over in a couple minutes.

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR BADGE WHEN WORKING.

That 3.98 paxhole was probably just a frequent flyer that lives local.

London COs wouldn't book an Uber for the purpose of checking them IMO. But even if they did, their accounts would be restricted as fast as you can say Greyball ?

I hope nothing comes of it ?
Post automatically merged:

I would stop, but would not want to, in case it lost me a rematch
If it's not super busy, the algo will not even start to consider you for a rematch until after your wheels start turning.

And you can even wait 10 minutes at drop-off and still get a rematch shortly after moving off.

Last edited:

UberLuxbod

i got stopped last night on city road.TfL bird said my galaxy was not roadworthy because it had a hubcap missing . Copper couldn't stop laughing.
I seem to remember there was some kind of requirement for Taxis to have their wheelnuts covered because they stick out so far.

Can any Cabbie confirm?

As far as a missing wheeltrim making a PHV unroadworthy?

Can't see it myself, unless the comment I made about Taxis above is correct and she got the two mixed up.

I wouldn't work with a missing wheeltrim personally but if it comes off during a shift nobody is going to take the rest of the shift off

-JR-

I seem to remember there was some kind of requirement for Taxis to have their wheelnuts covered because they stick out so far.

Can any Cabbie confirm?

As far as a missing wheeltrim making a PHV unroadworthy?

Can't see it myself, unless the comment I made about Taxis above is correct and she got the two mixed up.

I wouldn't work with a missing wheeltrim personally but if it comes off during a shift nobody is going to take the rest of the shift off
The handheld PDA used by COs doesn't make a clear enough distinction between requirements for Taxis vs PH.

This would explain the wheel-trim "infringement" for a PHV ?

UberLuxbod

The handheld PDA used by COs doesn't make a clear enough distinction between requirements for Taxis vs PH.

This would explain the wheel-trim "infringement" for a PHV ?
So there is a requirement for Taxis to have their wheelnuts covered?
Post automatically merged:

Did you call the police or they were on the scene already?
When TFL do these kind of stops on public roads the Police have always been there that I have witnessed.

Though some CO can stop you to check your documents.

I had one walk up to me when dropping at LCY.

As I was getting my clients luggage from the boot and shaking his hand I turned and he was approaching.

I just said "Good Morning" and got back in my car and drove off.

I didn't see any extra Police apart from the usual Armed Coppers.

Last edited: