Not staying open as long in the background?

nm339242

So when I uber I frequently have the app on in the background while I’m either doing something else between rides or navigating using a gps that isn’t awful and it has that blue “uber driver is using your location” bar across the top (iPhone) but lately that doesn’t stay on as long and if I’m between rides I get logged off or if I’m in a ride, I’m not sure what happens but I just now had a ride that I got paid for a significantly shorter distance than I actually traveled (uber had the correct beginning and ending point but I don’t know if their route is shorter than the one I took maybe?)

It was annoying before but now that it’s affecting my already meager pay, it’s unacceptable. I think it started about when I finally decided to update iOS but I’m not 100% sure. Is it an iOS thing or an uber thing? Can I change ansetting because it doesn’t look like it

nm339242

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Low power mode is definitely not on. I assumed it was probably an iOS issue but I can’t figure out what. Background refresh is on. Location tracking is obviously on