• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Not So Long (Long Trip [BUG])

Ziggy

Maybe it's an Austin (TX) only bug but during the past week 90% of the Uber "60+" & "45+" trips have been much shorter. Personally, I had the issue 5 times in the past week ... and yesterday's "60+" trip turned out to only be 17 minutes long. It's happened to me both at the airport & COTA ... and I heard it happened to a friend downtown as well.

Maybe Uber's trying to find a way to coax drivers into taking the trip. However, there are several drivers I know who routinely skip the long trip because it interferes with other job or family life.

Anyone outside of Austin affected by this?

So far, the "Short Trip notification" is still accurate.

Jufkii

Maybe it's an Austin (TX) only bug but during the past week 90% of the Uber "60+" & "45+" trips have been much shorter. Personally, I had the issue 5 times in the past week ... and yesterday's "60+" trip turned out to only be 17 minutes long. It's happened to me both at the airport & COTA ... and I heard it happened to a friend downtown as well.

Maybe Uber's trying to find a way to coax drivers into taking the trip. However, there are several drivers I know who routinely skip the long trip because it interferes with other job or family life.

Anyone outside of Austin affected by this?

So far, the "Short Trip notification" is still accurate.
Same here plus the ETA mileage is way off on the screen as well. If it says 1.5 miles the pick up may actually be 3-4 miles away . 2 miles is actually 6, etc. A lot of quick guesswork now figuring how far away the actual ride request is coming from and whether to accept or not.

Bpr2

There’s also an eta bug. Pax are getting charged long pick up fees when not needed but driver not getting them so uber pockets the unnecessary long pick up fees.

dryverjohn

I have been calling the pax as well to verify. Just explain that Uber is having a glitch in their software and we want to confirm destination. Just cancel, if you don't like where it is heading.