Uber Drivers Forum banner

Not ready

UberEats 
759 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Alltel77 
#1 ·
What does the "NOT READY" button really do? Is it better to click it when the food is not ready or not?

The reason I'm asking UBER support told me that they don't pay for the wait in the restaurant so what is the point of this button?

#4 ·
Some locations like McDonald's have the "not ready" option selected. Not sure why other than maybe it is supposed to prompt the employees to make the orders faster? I also notice that it usually says "arriving soon" when I am literally standing in the restaurant.
Next time you're in the lobby and it says "arriving soon," see if the "not ready" button is active.

I have a theory that the "not ready" button is disabled when the GPS knows you're there.

#6 ·
Driver complained so Uber put a button for you to click on.

When was the last time you can see a rating on a restaurant or customer?
That's right, zero, because it doesn't matter.

Same as the "Not ready" button. It doesn't change Uber's way of doing thing one bit.

The only time Uber change is to benefit Uber.... no one else.

#8 ·
I thought I read somewhere that the not ready button is basically used by the dispatch algorithm - if the restaurant has built in 15 minutes as their default time from order received to order ready and the driver arrives and pressed “not ready”, enough of them and the algorithm automatically adjusts the time as it pushes out the dispatch. At least that is what I think it was intended to do but who knows if that is in use or not. All we can do is assume it has an effect and use it correctly so it can potentially make a difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.