Not quite a shuffle

OldUncleDave

Just have to share this one.

I was out in the Boondocks, Hemet, Ca. Ping to Banning, about 15 miles to pickup, but its moving toward home (DF on). It's a Holiday Inn Express. I arrive, he texts, "Be right there" .

Ok, you already know where this is going, right? But, it's a scheduled trip (you've arrived 3 minutes early. We will pay you for the extra wait time), and the trip is moving me home.

The texts are:
Be right there
Don't leave
I'll tip you

So I chill. At 5 minutes, he texts again

Sorry
I'm coming

At 7 minutes, the "Qualify for cancel fee" comes up. This is a true dilemma for me. I'm 20 miles from home, and this yahoo will pay for it. On the other hand, he's a pain in the donkey.

I text him

"How much longer? I have another trip waiting."

Now, I figure this might do it. But he replies:

Another 3-4 minutes.

I text,"sorry, gotta go".

What's strange, I was in the area another 20 minutes, running short trips, and he never requested again.

$15 for a cancel. $1/mile.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 10.40.19 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 10.40.19 AM.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 34

SHalester

we really need to another word besides 'shuffle' this is a clear no show; even tho you seemed to have a txt relationship with him. In my book, way too much work, but you were kinda rewarded.

Helpmehome

As soon as he said "I'll tip you" that was your clue to bail. I understand why you wasted a few more minutes on him. But mentioning the tip is the kiss of death.