Not only did they take away destination filters, but...

MiniUberX

They also shortened the distance you can use them. I used to set my starting DF filter to San Diego safari zoo from Thousand Oaks. It gave me broad coverage of LA metro including LAX, downtown, Pasadena, and lower. Can only go about half the distance now

goneubering

They also shortened the distance you can use them. I used to set my starting DF filter to San Diego safari zoo from Thousand Oaks. It gave me broad coverage of LA metro including LAX, downtown, Pasadena, and lower. Can only go about half the distance now

What happens when you try to set it for San Diego now?

goneubering

Never mind. It won't let me enter San Diego anymore either. :frown:

kevin046

They also throttle your requests if your acceptance rate drops, what I do now is just take all requests and if far I just don't pick them and keep working with the other app while they realize I'm not picking them up
Lyft ?

Maybe it is just us drivers who can see this but I don't understand how the ' 'powers that be' over at Uber can't see how many of us canceling on riders going in a direction we don't want to be in will not affect ridership and their 'ETA's'. Have any drivers spoken with Uber about this to try and make them aware of this ? I'm really curious. How do they not realize this is going to hurt them more than help them? My cancellation's are going to go thru the roof again. How does that benefit riders when they will have to keep requesting another driver because I won't take them anymore? How does that benefit the company when people will start complaining they can't get rides ? The problem lies within the drivers unfortunately because they still have too many drivers that will go all over the place and not think about it. If ALL drivers adapted mine and some of you guys thought process here, it for sure would make a statement.

SorryBluetoothOnly

Lyft ?

Maybe it is just us drivers who can see this but I don't understand how the ' 'powers that be' over at Uber can't see how many of us canceling on riders going in a direction we don't want to be in will not affect ridership and their 'ETA's'. Have any drivers spoken with Uber about this to try and make them aware of this ? I'm really curious. How do they not realize this is going to hurt them more than help them? My cancellation's are going to go thru the roof again. How does that benefit riders when they will have to keep requesting another driver because I won't take them anymore? How does that benefit the company when people will start complaining they can't get rides ? The problem lies within the drivers unfortunately because they still have too many drivers that will go all over the place and not think about it. If ALL drivers adapted mine and some of you guys thought process here, it for sure would make a statement.

How do you discuss it with Uber without admitting that you're violating policy by discriminating based on destination?

kevin046

How do you discuss it with Uber without admitting that you're violating policy by discriminating based on destination?

I understand. It just pisses me off. Let the ants drive around aimlessly. They will anyway. Regardless of the fact that we wish they wouldn't. I want to drive smarter not harder. And this change is REALLY BAD because it's going to affect me working smarter and make me work harder again (for the time being)

Bpr2

Based on time itd take to destination; not the destination itself :wink:

I've kicked out one pax for how long the trip would take; plus got a scammy feeling from him since his buddy set the trip up and said he was at pick up, but turned out to be somebody else and the person standing there said his buddies name; but after I told him I couldn't take him since his trip was too long he had to call the account holder. First time I actually readied my spray.

SorryBluetoothOnly

Based on time itd take to destination; not the destination itself :wink:

I've kicked out one pax for how long the trip would take; plus got a scammy feeling from him since his buddy set the trip up and said he was at pick up, but turned out to be somebody else and the person standing there said his buddies name; but after I told him I couldn't take him since his trip was too long he had to call the account holder. First time I actually readied my spray.

But then you're not having the conversation that kevin046 was suggesting. You're having some different conversation and not an honest one about the ramifications of not having DFs.

Julescase

They also throttle your requests if your acceptance rate drops, what I do now is just take all requests and if far I just don't pick them and keep working with the other app while they realize I'm not picking them up

So wait - you accept requests with no intention of actually picking the pax up, then force pax to cancel once a lot of time has passed while they wait for you and you continue driving around?

Maybe I misunderstood your original comment, but if that's what you do that's a total dick move. Hopefully I'm just misreading what you wrote, because I'd like to think no one is that selfish and rude.