Not One Ride Request After An Hour on The Strip

SamInLasVegas

I drove for an hour up and down the Strip last night from 9:00 to 10:00 and did not get a single ride request. On a Friday night, how is that even possible, on the Strip of all places? Usually I get pinged with another request within one or two minutes of dropping someone off. Sometimes I even get a request while I'm still en route to a destination with people in the car.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I started to wonder if the app was malfunctioning and kept checking to make sure I was actually still online. There couldn't be that many drivers out, could there? After an hour I just turned around and went back home.

vegetto

Theres a 1.7 Boost Gurantee for the whole nite ONLY on the strip. where do you think most drivers are gonna be? look around you than your phone. youll see Drivers front/back/left to right and the same one lane over repeat and across the street. that's why you didn't get one Ping. its all extreme luck when a promotion Strip only is in play. go out of the Reward Zone, youll get all the rides you want lol. I wish they make this City wide. keep the .90 cents for the pax and whatever there Boost is for The Whole city, then it wouldn't be so Saturated an Confined to one Area. and everyone can be Slightly more happy

-Corrected

Last edited:

SamInLasVegas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Theres a 1.7 surge Gurantee for the whole nite ONLY on the strip. where do you think most drivers are gonna be? look around you than your phone. youll see Drivers front/back/left to right and the same one lane over repeat and across the street. that's why you didn't get one Ping. its all extreme luck when a promotion Strip only is in play. go out of the Reward Zone, youll get all the rides you want lol. I wish they make this City wide. keep the .90 cents for the pax and whatever there Boost is for The Whole city, then it wouldn't be so Saturated an Confined to one Area. and everyone can be Slightly more happy
Interesting. I didn't see anything indicating a surge on the Strip last night. All I saw was a very short one at the airport and then a really huge 3.5x surge off of I-15 north of North Las Vegas at around 10:00. No idea what the heck was going on up there (must have been some big event), but I wasn't about to drive all the way up there. It probably would have ended by the time I got up there anyway.

Naturegirl

Interesting. I didn't see anything indicating a surge on the Strip last night. All I saw was a very short one at the airport and then a really huge 3.5x surge off of I-15 north of North Las Vegas at around 10:00. No idea what the heck was going on up there (must have been some big event), but I wasn't about to drive all the way up there. It probably would have ended by the time I got up there anyway.
It wasn't a surge that would show on your app, it was a boost (promotional) guarantee of 1.7 I got it, but I drove XL last night so I was busy most of the night. I think people who are strictly X tho, didn't get as many pings due to the number of X drivers out for the guarantee.

vegetto

Its a Uber Boost I should of said. Its not the Normal octagon shape Orange-Red Surge. its a Red Zoned Gate wall around the strip, From about Sahara to Russel Reward Zone

SamInLasVegas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its a Uber Boost I should of said. Its not the Normal octagon shape Orange-Red Surge. its a Red Zoned Gate wall around the strip, From about Sahara to Russel Reward Zone
I understand what you mean, but that wasn't showing up on my app either. Last weekend when that wholesale convention was going on I saw that red outline around the Strip and I was still getting rides. Granted, they were about 15 to 20 minutes in between, but I was getting them. Last night, nothing, and no red outline.

LV-Reni

I drove for an hour up and down the Strip last night from 9:00 to 10:00 and did not get a single ride request. On a Friday night, how is that even possible, on the Strip of all places? Usually I get pinged with another request within one or two minutes of dropping someone off. Sometimes I even get a request while I'm still en route to a destination with people in the car.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I started to wonder if the app was malfunctioning and kept checking to make sure I was actually still online. There couldn't be that many drivers out, could there? After an hour I just turned around and went back home.
Driving up and down the strip is a waste of time. Find a good spot and camp out, the pings will come and you will save a ton of gas money.

Try working off strip. Snowbirds come back in Sept. Foreigners come in sumemer bringing their favorite fragrance and children.
Middle eastereners smell bad, bring fabrezz.
Have you guys noticed all the kids here???

They dont spend money.

kojeislandincha

No

kojeislandincha

Try working off strip. Snowbirds come back in Sept. Foreigners come in sumemer bringing their favorite fragrance and children.
Middle eastereners smell bad, bring fabrezz.
Have you guys noticed all the kids here???

They dont spend money.
Unfortunately you are a Profiler and have succeeded

Strip is dead in August. SLOWEST month of the year next to Dec.and Nov. Who comes out here for 110 degree heat? No one.

How many lines of people do you see outside the hotels? 0? That should tell you something. Be busy again in Sept. 2nd week.

kojeislandincha

Strip is dead in August. SLOWEST month of the year next to Dec.and Nov. Who comes out here for 110 degree heat? No one.

How many lines of people do you see outside the hotels? 0? That should tell you something. Be busy again in Sept. 2nd week.
How would you this if your new?

939retired

Some of us are ex cab drivers and know the flow .. Although November and first week of December are good. Got Magic, Sema, conag or whatever it's is with the big toys. PBR and Nfr. Then slow ride to New Years eve
Have to remember it's uber and lyfts first year.

Suburban LV

Do yourself a favor and download the passenger app so you can see where everyone is piled on top of each other.

One of the best things I ever did is using that as a guide and finding this forum when the market got saturated.