Not One Ping Saturday Night 8:55 PM to 9:55 PM

VictorD

So, are you saying the incredibly intelligent men and women who sit in the EWR que/pigpen for hours day in and day out are not good businesspeople?!

I guess, for many of them, compared to their former careers in fast food, getting 69.75¢ / mile and getting shafted on tolls (unless you're TLC) puts them right in line to be the next Steve Jobs.

In their minds, Uber loses billions every year yet Kalanick himself has become a billionaire along the way, so why can't they do the same?

1NYC1

How does the EWR queue area get to be a pigpen?
Well, considering it contains the upper echelon of society I suppose your question is valid and justified. Those people are quite clean, considerate and EXTREMELY intelligent.

Well, considering it contains the upper echelon of society I suppose your question is valid and justified. Those people are quite clean, considerate and EXTREMELY intelligent.
I suppose it's better than the 7-11 parking lot where I've literally seen a young foreign male taking a shizen behind his TLC issued black Camry up against the back wall. That can't be unseen.

Exit67

How the EWR queue became akin to an open sewer in Bangalore was a rhetorical question. Many restrooms in bars are beyond foul. Patrons complain about the mess they create. I am quite sure it is the same at the EWR queue lot. I saw a cell phone lot at Westchester County Airport that is used primarily by rideshare, black cars, and limos. It was so disgusting, even the flies refused to stop in and browse the feces on offer. When someone uses the urinal as a defecatorium (if I may coin a word) the problem is not with Uber, Lyft, or the Port Atrocity. The blame lies with facility users that are unable or unwilling to abide by a simple social contract that requires the user of a shared facility to display just a little civility in their use of those facilities, leaving them in usable condition.

Extending this to what I see DTS all summer, the facility abusers are likely the same selfish drivers that fail to display any regard for rules, regulations, and social mores that dictate where and how TNC drivers conduct their business. The few times I have interacted with these miscreants, it was like talking to a tree or a wall - there was a total lack of comprehension on their part when I ask why it is necessary to block a driveway to a popular venue while picking up or why they needed to stop in the middle of the street at Nardi's. Most can't string together a sentence let alone defend their selfish and self-defeating actions.