Not one pax over 4.7 rating today

emerson0

So I've done 13 trips today, and not a single one has been rated over 4.7. Most around 4.4/4.5!! My cancellation rate this week is quite high (not many trips + i've had a heap of no shows, and also driving late at night as a female I cancelled a few that felt a bit dodgy). My driver rating is quite good, but just wondering if maybe Uber is feeding me the shit rated pax today because of my high cancellation rate ? Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3214.jpg
    IMG_3214.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 106

soontobeautomated

Sounds like me last week. My cancelation rate reached a little higher though. I had plenty of early morning no shows requesting a ride inbetween surges.... so I cancelled as soon as I could to get a surge trip. I have zero patience for passengers not ready. If I drive 5 mins and wait 5 minutes and they are still not ready, I don't care what excuse they have, I am 100% cancelling.

I also had the usual groups of drunks I cancelled on arrival and also those in the most pathetic locations that experienced my cancelation skills.

As for the lowest rated passengers slipping through, perhaps its because the other ants have let them slip through. I would let them slip through too. Perhaps as you have been picking them up, they (FUber) see your threshold is lower than most ants and are sending them your way.

My advice would be to leave those low rated passengers for other ants - maybe only accepting them if you are desperate for a trip only. There are plenty of heros on this forum that accept all passengers, I am sure they will be grateful for the ones you let slip through.

littlemissmaya

also driving late at night as a female I cancelled a few that felt a bit dodgy
hiya, just wondering how do you decide the dodginess? is it before you see the pax? i try not to drive too late - i usually start to set my destination home 9-10pm - but sometimes i get carried away by stacked pings and before i know it, its 1am in belrose

fields

Not sure why being a female gives you the right to cancel on customers. If you don't feel safe driving late at night, stay home and let someone else earn money servicing customers.

Having said that, no Uber does not send you lowly rated pax because you have a high cancellation rate.

[email protected]

I think often it's just luck of the draw.
Im sure some of the conspiracy theories have some truth to them but most of them time drivers are just overthinking it.

EyesWIDEopen

hiya, just wondering how do you decide the dodginess? is it before you see the pax? i try not to drive too late - i usually start to set my destination home 9-10pm - but sometimes i get carried away by stacked pings and before i know it, its 1am in belrose
You need to have that coffee with littlekid... He can 'fill you in' with all the hot details you require as he is the man about town...
Let us know about any further developments...

weekendnightdriver

With 17% acceptance and 13% cancellation rate I am still getting 4.83* ping although it is a base rate ping.

For those low rate pax pings, you may not be the first ant to get it. The other ants may have not wanted to take low rating pax.

If the progress bar on the ping pop up goes away in a single pass, you are not the first ant to get it. If you are the first ant the progress bar goes twice, first one is long and the second one is shorter.

Who is John Galt?

As for the lowest rated passengers slipping through, perhaps its because the other ants have let them slip through. I would let them slip through too. Perhaps as you have been picking them up, they (FUber) see your threshold is lower than most ants and are sending them your way.
+1
I agree. Über continually play mind games and control games by stretching you a little further each time.
It may be distance / time to pickup, it may be pax rating, it may be sending you to the boondocks, and a whole bunch of other variables.
As soon as their systems detect a 'weakness' they will zero in on it.

Not sure why being a female gives you the right to cancel on customers. If you don't feel safe driving late at night, stay home and let someone else earn money servicing customers.

Having said that, no Uber does not send you lowly rated pax because you have a high cancellation rate.

That's a bit rough, fields . :frown:
Being female, gives Miss Maya and all other female drivers for that matter, exactly the same right to cancel as any male driver.
And, as 'independent partners' all drivers; male, female or otherwise have the right to cancel on customers any damn time they please.
Exactly the same as a customer has the right, and often uses it, to cancel on a driver - for any reason he or she may choose. It is a two way street.

fields

That's a bit rough, fields . :frown:
Being female, gives Miss Maya and all other female drivers for that matter, exactly the same right to cancel as any male driver.
And, as 'independent partners' all drivers; male, female or otherwise have the right to cancel on customers any damn time they please.
Exactly the same as a customer has the right, and often uses it, to cancel on a driver - for any reason he or she may choose. It is a two way street.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Evenings and nights are times when many people use Uber because they may be over the limit. If someone feels uncomfortable transporting intoxicated riders, they should not be driving during those hours. Plenty of pax around during daylight hours.

The absolute #1 rider's complaint in Sydney and I assume everywhere else involves cancellations by drivers.

When is Uber going to finally crackdown on these drivers?

Who is John Galt?

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Evenings and nights are times when many people use Uber because they may be over the limit. If someone feels uncomfortable transporting intoxicated riders, they should not be driving during those hours. Plenty of pax around during daylight hours.

The absolute #1 rider's complaint in Sydney and I assume everywhere else involves cancellations by drivers.

When is Uber going to finally crackdown on these drivers?

Neither of the ladies - emerson0 or Miss Maya have even mentioned "intoxicated riders".
The words used were dodgy and dodginess.
I am not being pedantic, but there can be a world of difference.
I'm not sure that Ivan Milat was intoxicated during his misadventures, but he was sure as heck, dodgy.

If "the absolute #1 rider's complaint in Sydney and (assumed) everywhere else involves cancellations by drivers".
Anecdotally, I would say that is due to rider no shows. Both genuine and the cowboy variety. I am happy to be proven wrong.

Kodyhead

Just out of curiosity what were your drivers rating? I only ask because I have read about drivers getting matched with similar ratings, but not sure if that is true

littlemissmaya

Just out of curiosity what were your drivers rating? I only ask because I have read about drivers getting matched with similar ratings, but not sure if that is true
i still show up as 5* according to the pax, my profile says ... 4.91. haven't quite worked out how best to be a b*tch to them yet to get me down to 4* and decrease any of their expectations! my lowest rated pax have been 4.4 and 4.5 today, had no issues

No, not true.
I am matched with many, many females in the sub 4 category, due to my proven ability to rehabilitate those naughty girls. :biggrin:
i haven't had any pax yet under 4*.. should i be looking forward to it?!:p

When I started Uber I used to just give everyone a 5 (unless they were complete pricks)

By the end of my Uber career I had adopted a different rating method.... Every pax starts on a 1 star & they have to earn the other 4, not many did :cool:
i still give out 5* - only had to give someone less once and that was for ignorant pax who have no consideration for safety and i inadvertently went onto the start of a cycle lane in sydney cbd right next to a busy pedestrian crossing. lucky it was on a weeknight and there weren't too many bicycles and strangely enough not too many angry pedestrians who i would have blocked off

soontobeautomated

This forum always makes me lol. Recently we had someone mention they cancelled on guys because they were smoking outside an adult establishment waiting for a ride. Other drivers will 1* smokers (yet their moral judgement does not prevent them from taking their money). However now a driver not wishing to take on dodgy passengers or those who maybe intoxicated in their car should not cancel? I hate groups of drunk passengers in my car.....for many reasons.

I rarely get passengers complain about being cancelled. I do get passengers complain frequently about drivers taking the long route, playing the "apps broken game" and trying to do a cashie and drivers nodding off at traffic lights. To me these are vastly more significant concerns than the occassional cancelation when a driver senses (in a split second assessment) that the potential passenger is more risk than the trip is worth.

Dhaw

Sounds like me last week. My cancelation rate reached a little higher though. I had plenty of early morning no shows requesting a ride inbetween surges.... so I cancelled as soon as I could to get a surge trip. I have zero patience for passengers not ready. If I drive 5 mins and wait 5 minutes and they are still not ready, I don't care what excuse they have, I am 100% cancelling.
100% agree.

emerson0

I do feel safe. I just take extra precaution at night to be aware of who I might be picking up and what situations I may get in, like any uber driver male or female would do. I cancel if I arrive and they want me to drive down a dark alleyway, or if after calling 3 times they still do not answer, and that is less than 5% of night rides. I do not see why I should be at home instead because of this, because I feel safe 99% of the time, I am just using my wits.

How did you find your mid four star passengers? Were they AOK?
Yes mostly ok. Some a bit rude. They get in the car and barely even say hi, pretend not to speak English, talk the entire time on the phone to their friend on speaker, and then you hear them chime in with perfect English when you arrive at their destination, and they ask to be dropped "right here" in the middle of a 4 lane road, or ask you to "drop off a little further (like literally 10 metres) in the middle of the city when clearly you've stopped in the safest, closest place to their destination.

fields

I do feel safe. I just take extra precaution at night to be aware of who I might be picking up and what situations I may get in, like any uber driver male or female would do. I cancel if I arrive and they want me to drive down a dark alleyway, or if after calling 3 times they still do not answer, and that is less than 5% of night rides. I do not see why I should be at home instead because of this, because I feel safe 99% of the time, I am just using my wits.

Fair enough, I may have misinterpreted your OP.