not my fault

Road Pilot

Pax enters wrong destination but does not realize it until we are way beyond where he wanted to be

turns out he was going to a job interview, still got him there with three minutes to spare but judging by the precipitous drop in my averaging rating he blamed me

The Mollusk

Pax enters wrong destination but does not realize it until we are way beyond where he wanted to be

turns out he was going to a job interview, still got him there with three minutes to spare but judging by the precipitous drop in my averaging rating he blamed me[/QUOTE

Sounds like your fault to me. Just take him where he wants to go.

Road Pilot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
this kind of response is one of the reasons I don't frequent this forum very often

bad mumming, insults and other trollish/childish behavior discourages intelligent discourse between adults

DudeGuy

I drive in Boston, where many different neighborhoods such as Jamaica Plain, Dorchester etc... are still considered Boston and have streets with the same name. I learned pretty quickly to confirm destination before starting. Also, avoids hassle if they quickly confirmed in the app that they are going to South STATION, when they meant South BOSTON.

Another Uber Driver

Pax always blame the driver regardless of who's at fault.

I always confirm their destination upon starting their trip.
THIS. (in reality, BOTH OF THESE).

I learned long past that you always say the destination to the customer. When he gets into the cab and gives the destination, I always say it back to him. Customer gets in and says "Take me to the Rayburn Building". I say back to him "Right, the Rayburn".

On Uber, be it Uber Taxi or UberX, as soon as I start the trip, I read to the customer the entered destination. "It says here that you want to go to the Dirksen Building". The customer enters the destination on almost every UberX trip. On Uber Taxi, the customer enters it about half the time.

UberHammer

Past Sponsor
I got a drunk on a surge close to 3x, started trip and confirmed the destination as something something EAST third ave. He says yes, and off we go. Arrive and he says this isn't my house. I again confirm the address as something something EAST third ave.... he says yes..... oh wait, I live at something something WEST third ave. I drive him to his real address, and the overall trip is about 3 times longer than what it would have been if I drive direct to his real address.

Two days later I see the fare has been set to $0. No notification at all from Uber that the fare was changed. The only reason I found it is because I was double checking. I email Uber about it and they say I took the pax to the wrong address and therefore I did not deserve to be paid. I laid into the the CSR, partially because the pax was at fault for the wrong address, but more so because Uber CSRs are thieves who will take your fares from you behind your back. They hope you wont notice so that they can just believe the customer is right and be done with it.

When you do notice, make them feel like the thieves they are. As a general principal, I don't like making people feel bad, but if you are a thief I don't care about about your feelings. In fact, not only do I hope you cry, I hope you burn in hell with the rest of the thieves!!!

DudeGuy

I got a drunk on a surge close to 3x, started trip and confirmed the destination as something something EAST third ave. He says yes, and off we go. Arrive and he says this isn't my house. I again confirm the address as something something EAST third ave.... he says yes..... oh wait, I live at something something WEST third ave. I drive him to his real address, and the overall trip is about 3 times longer than what it would have been if I drive direct to his real address.

Two days later I see the fare has been set to $0. No notification at all from Uber that the fare was changed. The only reason I found it is because I was double checking. I email Uber about it and they say I took the pax to the wrong address and therefore I did not deserve to be paid. I laid into the the CSR, partially because the pax was at fault for the wrong address, but more so because Uber CSRs are thieves who will take your fares from you behind your back. They hope you wont notice so that they can just believe the customer is right and be done with it.

When you do notice, make them feel like the thieves they are. As a general principal, I don't like making people feel bad, but if you are a thief I don't care about about your feelings. In fact, not only do I hope you cry, I hope you burn in hell with the rest of the thieves!!!
I'd ask the CSR if they are able to check and see the original incorrect address that was entered before the lax realized his mistake.

Another Uber Driver

I'd ask the CSR if they are able to check and see the original incorrect address that was entered before the lax realized his mistake.
The originally entered address does exist somewhere. One thing about computers is that keystrokes leave tracks. The real question is the "able to check". Considering what these outsourced firms are using for employees, that might be debatable.

Oscarthegrouch

Did they reimburse you?

UberHammer

Past Sponsor
Oh, I got my money back for that exact reason. Point is I shouldn't have to get my money back if the CSR didn't steal it from me in the first place. And, yes the @@@@@@@@ rider 1 starred me.

Road Pilot

For the record, I have always confirmed the destination with my pax.

Now I ask them to visually confirm destination displayed on the map

Thanks to DudeGuy's post, I will also let them know Boston has numerous streets with the same name

For some reason the only destination address that showed up in my original post was a street address

That said, I posted this story to vent my frustration more than anything.

Road Pilot

Wow, did you get the fare reinstated?

I'm surprised Uber adjusted fare to $0 instead of recalculating trip to final destination. They want the revenue too.