NOT MY DAY YODAY

kent kent

Today is not my day, triple cancel on the road, request to sentosa, after passing gate in front of crockfort cancel notice rcvd then order came straits to pick at vivo , almost turn in vivo cancel noticed rcvd again and rcvd another order pick up at sentosa again , after enter gate right in front of crockfort cancel again, immdly I go offline and drink at Mc donald. What a day ? Anyone facing same situation? God bless the rider for the cancelation.

Bill Collector

Maybe calling the passenger helps? I don't even bother driving more than 10 minutes for pickup till I talk or text. This strategy has helped minimize the cancellation for me.

renyeo

Yea I also found the cancelation rates were high this week from Monday.

I would pin the fault on being first working week of the month and riders kee siao.

Ha ha!

unclesam

yesterday everning I got cancelled 5 times by the same guy before I took another booking, could have more cancellation if no booking coming.
location : blk 106 jln bukit merah , time 19:13 , 19:15, 19:15, 19:17, 19:19 , most likely some other driver also kena this.

Upeople

My thought is rider have a very high expection during super peak = high surge so they want a driver nearest to them less than 1 minute reach them

Poor_Lad

Yesterday did one unmatched Pool trip. Fare was $9.90. Pax passed me $10. I then ask him if you like to have 10 cents back and he gave me a very straight face and say WANT. Like wtf man. 10 cents also want back. Unbelievable.

stevewish

I happened quite a number of times near CBD boundaries. Once entered ERP, rider canceled then another booking outside CBD, drove out, cancellation again ! offline

Upeople

Hmmm... Maybe u should not ask him but pretend to take longer time to search for coins.

If he wants to tip you , he will just step out the car else he will continue siting and wait for the change

Poor_Lad

From my experience everytime I ask if they want small change back, pax will usually say no. I use this strategy for luggage as well. I will ask pax if they need help with luggage. Then pax will paiseh and say no need lol. Reverse psychology.

stevewish

Yesterday did one unmatched Pool trip. Fare was $9.90. Pax passed me $10. I then ask him if you like to have 10 cents back and he gave me a very straight face and say WANT. Like wtf man. 10 cents also want back. Unbelievable.
This guy just WANT back his change 10ct just gave him back, his right anyway. Last time, I happened to fetch one rider asking for discount. Fare $4.50, passed me $2 notes two pieces and asked $4 ok for me? gave some discounts... I said system reflect $4.50 so must collect FULL..later he took his own sweet time dig here and there and passed back to me reluctantly. I only give discounts to students (esp primary level).

Poor_Lad

I wouldn't mind giving discounts to NSF. But never got the chance to fetch NSF before, only reservist.

ustar

Maybe calling the passenger helps? I don't even bother driving more than 10 minutes for pickup till I talk or text. This strategy has helped minimize the cancellation for me.
Can share what is the sms that you send to the passenger? My English not so good, not sure what to say.

Tanyantao

Sometimes when im rushing i will book uber grab or taxi at the same time. Whoever comes first i will cancel the rest.

Bill Collector

Can share what is the sms that you send to the passenger? My English not so good, not sure what to say.
Say something like:

Hello from Uber driver. Due to weak GPS signal, plz text me your pinned address. Or plz tell me the nearest landmark for quick pick up. I'm driving green Toyota. Thanks!

If you don't hear from them and the pickup location is more than 10 minutes far, I make a call. This should minimize cancellation.

kent kent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This wi
Say something like:

Hello from Uber driver. Due to weak GPS signal, plz text me your pinned address. Or plz tell me the nearest landmark for quick pick up. I'm driving green Toyota. Thanks!

If you don't hear from them and the pickup location is more than 10 minutes far, I make a call. This should minimize cancellation.
Say something like:

This will help , thanks bro

kent kent

I d
I did call the rider, he ask my possition and how long more to reach , I said within 3 minutes, one he hang up the phone, I rcvd cancelation notice.

kent kent

I happened quite a number of times near CBD boundaries. Once entered ERP, rider canceled then another booking outside CBD, drove out, cancellation again ! offline
This is exactly what was happening to me last night, in out sentosa. Not in out fast food in the us

Anthology

Lately the client's app shows longer timing as compared to your driver app. I've encountered a few times when rider's came in to my car and said that I was about 11 mins away and here I am calling them that I am here. That is why calling the rider when closeby will firm with the appointment. Hope that helps.