Not knowing destinations in advance is costing drivers BILLIONS OF DOLLARS per year in lost revenue

It's still not human trafficking and never will be.
What specific law are they breaking?
its called human trafficking

if i accept one blank contract & can verify my costs with receipts verifying my costs were not covered. i was coerced into providing free effing labor and uber lyft HUMAN TRAFFICKED ME.

PERIODT.

I can NOT agree to work for free PERIODT.

13th amendment.

the contract has illegal terms in it and is in breach you can not trick deceive defraud labor into working for free PERIODT

If I knew it was a $4-10 ride I would ignore as I dont work for free my costs are $4 per ride which i can verify as an xl only vehicle other drivers may be less but costs are $2-4 minimum per trip & im not working for $3-8 an hour after my costs either cuz im not a child

bye felicia im here for entertainment ignorance bores me

drive for 2 tacos if you feel its a choice i dont but i know someones driving from farther taking 90+% of the human trafficking i mean blank contract requests uber lyft sends me & 96% of them fail & its by design & illegal wages / wage theft / labor human trafficking

i no see u no mo
b gud and enjoy ride "share" like thats not FRAUD

Last edited:

Demon

its called human trafficking

if i accept one blank contract & can verify my costs with receipts verifying my costs were not covered. i was coerced into providing free effing labor and uber lyft HUMAN TRAFFICKED ME.

PERIODT.

I can NOT agree to work for free PERIODT.

13th amendment.

the contract has illegal terms in it and is in breach you can not trick deceive defraud labor into working for free PERIODT

If I knew it was a $4-10 ride I would ignore as I dont work for free my costs are $4 per ride which i can verify as an xl only vehicle other drivers may be less but costs are $2-4 minimum per trip & im not working for $3-8 an hour after my costs either cuz im not a child

bye felicia im here for entertainment ignorance bores me

drive for 2 tacos if you feel its a choice i dont but i know someones driving from farther taking 90+% of the human trafficking i mean blank contract requests uber lyft sends me & 96% of them fail & its by design & illegal wages / wage theft / labor human trafficking

i no see u no mo
b gud and enjoy ride "share" like thats not FRAUD
Here's the definition of human trafficking, "the action or practice of illegally transporting people from one country or area to another, typically for the purposes of forced labor or sexual exploitation."
Asking for the third time, what specific law are they breaking?

alvarezca

You don't think you ever had a money losing ride? LMFAO. After reading your post twice there seems to be only two educated conclusions I can come to. The first is that you are writing this as an Uber troll and get paid to write such propaganda that is misleading for the purpose of attempting to make Uber driving look better than it is. The second would be that you just don't understand numbers. Have you calculated your "earnings" minus employee taxes? employer taxes? depreciation? insurance? maintenance? cell phone use? time? I cannot believe you are an actual driver when you say you don't think you ever had a money losing ride......most rides are subsidized by the drivers via their pay. You ARE losing money every time you start driving. As for the 85% AR, this tells me you are accepting more than the average share of non-profitable rides as that is the only way to get to that percent and maintain it. Uber loves drivers that think like you hence the reason I believe you are likely being paid by Uber to write such garbage.
Agreed!

Nats121

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There would be too many rides turned down to attract enough customers for these companies to stay in business
First of all if Uber and Lyft go out of business that would be fine with me. New companies would open for business before U/L's bodies get cold.

I've addressed the acceptance rate issue on more than one occasion on this thread. Have you bothered to actually read it them?

To put it simply, the higher the pay rates, the higher the acceptance rates, period.

Ms.Doe

The whole term rideshare is a complete crock of crap. If it were really sharing a ride then there would be unlimited destination filters.

If not for Uber I would never drive to Newark or Patterson NJ. So I wouldn't be "sharing" a ride there.
Post automatically merged:

It's not dicrimination to not want to pick up Shaquanda or Baby G in some hood rat neighborhod in Newark New Jersey. It's common sense.
🐂💩
Driving snowflakes on unprofitable rides is better?

yes Ive run all the numbers for the expenses you catalog in your post and my costs are

annual miles driven 70000

employee taxes... o
employer taxes... 0
depreciation.... 8 cents/mile
insurance ....7 cents per mile
maintenance and repairs 5 cents per mile
cell phone use 1 cent per mile
gas 12 cents per mile

total 33 cents per mile

I typically dont look at this thing a ride at a time...but here goes
in my market we are paid a long pick up fee for a pick up more than 10 min... so worst case is a 10 minute pick up (everything after that is paid) so lets assume a 10 min pickup...At 30 miles per hour thats 5 miles so my cost to get to the passenger is $1.65 A short ride here pays a minimum fare of $2.38 Assume a 2 mile ride.. now I have 7 miles or $2.31 invested That makes for a 7 cent profit

as i see it thats worst case.. You will note, I dont consider my time. As I suggested in my post, there are much better things i can do with my time, but most of them cost me money..I wasnt responding to time lost, i was responding to folks here (like you) that say we lose money on some rides we dont. and I often capitalize on those short rides,,almost every one gets my card promoting my airport ride business, Often times a $2 ride from the Ritz Carlton to dinner at a nearby restaurant turns into a $45 ride to the airport a few days later

Im a cash flow kinda guy.. Since depreciation is not an out of pocket expense, I dont consider it
I do set money aside for a new car, but the money in my reserve account is not an expense; its my money

the car is an investment in my business,, I started this thing with a car that I paid $25000 for...As time goes on the car loses value and the savings account gains value.. I start with a $25000 car and no savings, and after time I have .a $0 car and savings of $25000 The business neither loses money nor makes money and I take money out every month

"Most crappy rides aren't actual money losers, their payouts are simply not worth the driver's time and effort." thats my point exactly

and regarding Lyft, I havent deleted the app yet, but I dont do much with it since the introduction of Uber Pro
You lost me at 10 minute pickup

Last edited:

oldfart

🐂💩
Driving snowflakes on unprofitable rides is better?

You lost me at 10 minute pickup

10 minute pickups are bad, but 20 min pickups are good.. But the issue isnt so much with the length of the pick up, as it is where the ride takes me..A short pick up for a ride that takes me to a dead area is much worse than a long pick up with a ride to a busy area

i9f3479f3h

I remember as a younger man taxi's lining up and you'd tell them where you're going and if they didn't want to go that way they wouldn't take you. So, you'd simply ask the next driver and invariably within a very short time you'd be going where you wanted to and the driver would be making money heading in the direction he wanted to go. In effect taxi's are more 'ride sharing' than uber/lyft.