1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Not impressed with Uber support

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Papa-R, Jul 5, 2018.

1. I've not even started yet and I'm fed up with their support. I get canned responses that have little to do with my question. I went to check my approval status and found (barely) a message that said my car inspection was missing. Ok, so I upload it and the status changed from "missing" to "pending review". All seems well. I check it later and it's back to "missing". Upload again and it's back to "pending review". That should take care of it. Nope. Check it later and it's "missing" again. Email support. They say all documents are approved except background check. No mention of the state inspection even after I asked them if it was required. I'm still not sure if the inspection is required and I'm afraid to ask again.

Support person provides a link to Checkr to see the status of my background check. It says "state ID missing" even though I sent it to Uber, So I upload that and then ask Uber how long they would have waited to notify that a required document was missing. The response said nothing about my question and only provided the same link to Chekr. <sigh>

This is ridiculous. Is this what I can expect in the future from Uber support?

Incidentally, I also applied to Lyft and the process has been flawless. The one time I contacted support I actually got an answer to my question.

Guess who's going to be my first choice for driving?

Is there a way around this first-level support to people who actually read and reply to the questions we send?

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Definitely a fluke. Don’t get used to it....

MaddMattG and tohunt4me like this.
  3. Well, that's less than encouraging.....

Your tag line is ironic. The lady who cuts my hair is trying to talk me into going to barber college and going into business with her. Maybe I should reconsider...

tohunt4me and Uber's Guber like this.
  4. Yes.

It gets better... wait until you are randomly shut off for being intoxicated early on a Friday afternoon.

5. BSki

BSki

That's like asking to be impressed by ghosts, UFOs, or intelligent blondes. Like Uber customer support, they don't exist.

tohunt4me, Uber's Guber and Rakos like this.
  6. Oh this is going to be fun, I can see that now. And I thought calling Microsoft tech support was an adventure.

tohunt4me and SuzeCB like this.
  7. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    I’ll send you my referral code! :)

Papa-R and tohunt4me like this.
  8. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Go to your closest Greenlight Hub. If everything is in order, they can push it through immediately. All but the background check. Their hands are tied on that one unless it comes back squeaky clean. You'll get a copy of that from Checkr as soon as it's done.

tohunt4me likes this.
  9. How do I find the nearest Greenlight hub?

tohunt4me likes this.
  10. It gets worse.

11. Well the general rule of thumb is..

If you ask the same question to uber support 10 times..

3 times they will say the correct info
    3 times they will supply incorrect info
    4 times they will astound and amaze you

Go to barber college!

Robots won't be taking that over.

Knowing what i know... that's a better idea.

tohunt4me and Papa-R like this.
  12. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Google search should bring it up

tohunt4me likes this.
  13. This just keeps getting worse. I asked again if I need a vehicle inspection. This time they said yes and sent me a map of inspection locations. In Washington DC. I am setup for Piedmont Triad (Greensboro, NC) 300 miles from Washington. I tried to explain that when I login to the site it says Piedmont Triad next to my name. My welcome email included a map of Piedmont Triad. The support &$&##!@ said I could be "switched" to Piedmont Triad but it would require a new background check that would take 2 to 4 weeks.

WHERE DO THEY FIND THESE PEOPLE?!?!?!?

TheAntMiami and tohunt4me like this.
  14. Told ya !

15. I'm going to see if I can get my Golden Retriever a job at Uber support. I think he would be employee of the month.

Julescase, TheAntMiami and tohunt4me like this.
  16. *******
    They do not " find" these people.

They TRAIN them !

Rope a Dope resolution.
    They exhaust you with mind numbing exercises in futility.

It is all by Design.

The fly in the spiderweb eventually just hopes the spider will hurry up.

Welcome to " Running in Quicksand".

Fuzzyelvis and Papa-R like this.
  17. What did you expect?

18. FU

19. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Well the bright side is that maybe some wanna-be drivers will give up. It's not as if we need more.

20. hanging in there

hanging in there

Driving:
    UberSUV
    You will soon learn that combining the words “Uber” and “support” creates an oxymoron.

Look on the bright side, it will raise your self-esteem the more you try to reason with idiots.

Another potential positive is: since you know you will get different results on most every support call, keep calling until you get the result you want. It works for me.... sometimes.

I have to say, believe it or not, they have actually improved over the years, if only due to the fact that you can now at least call them, and then hang up and try again if it is obvious that person doesn’t have a clue.