• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Not hardly anyone reads the TOS and abides in them

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Most people download these apps and put them to use without ever reading the rules of the platforms; not me anyways. I sense this trait is very common. That is why most of the time their are issues with deactivations without warning or foreknowledge. Even forum members get into trouble here without knowing what they did wrong.

However, serious issues like Service Animals are at the top of the list of teachable items for drivers.

Why is there not any training?

MHR

This was a popular app that even my son tried and no one read their TOS either. People handed over rights to their likeness for free and in perpetuity.

From their TOS -
You grant FaceApp a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully-paid, transferable sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed, without compensation to you. When you post or otherwise share User Content on or through our Services, you understand that your User Content and any associated information (such as your [username], location or profile photo) will be visible to the public.

SuzeCB

Most people download these apps and put them to use without ever reading the rules of the platforms; not me anyways. I sense this trait is very common. That is why most of the time their are issues with deactivations without warning or foreknowledge. Even forum members get into trouble here without knowing what they did wrong.

However, serious issues like Service Animals are at the top of the list of teachable items for drivers.

Because training is something employers do. Uber's position, at least on tax and SEC docs is that they provide a service to drivers, and receive payment for it.

Rog’O Datto

The pool of prospective drivers is too deep for them to give a flying F about losing a few dipshits.

tohunt4me

" TECHNOLOGY COMPANY " !

GO WATCH THE 10 MINUTE TRAINIG VIDEO ON YOUTUBE.

( i did not know it Existed until After i had been driving Full Time for 2 years !!!)