Not going to happen!

Mr 10000

I live across the street from a very good Sushi place, so my first order of the day is usually from there. I am usually good at screening the order to make sure it’s going where I want to go, but today I somehow just blindly accepted the $5, 20 minute trip.

Customer was at one of the mega hotels on the Vegas Strip. Instructions were to deliver to room on 43rd floor! I texted him to meet me at the UBER pick up area and said I would see him in 20 minutes.

I avoid deliveries to the Strip because the surrounding area is mostly the hood, but the dozen or so times I have delivered there, the customer has always come down to meet me, and usually tipped well. Parking and finding the room would add at least 20 minutes and that’s if I am even allowed up the elevator as most big hotels require a room key to use the elevator.

He didn’t reply, so I called when I was 5 minutes away. “Oh, I got your message but you WILL be delivering it to my room because I paid for that service!!!”. Politely told him I had another delivery after him (Lie), and he needed to meet me at the UBER pick up. “BS! I will cancel it then!!” Ok fine.

He didn’t cancel and I couldn’t start the clock as the UBER pick up area wasn’t close enough to the pin. Then he hit me with another text of “I am paying for you to deliver my food to my room!!!”.

For the first time ever I used the “can’t find customer” and canceled it myself. Maybe should have called support, but have had bad luck explaining things to them lately.

The Sushi was delicious 🤤

25rides7daysaweek

I live across the street from a very good Sushi place, so my first order of the day is usually from there. I am usually good at screening the order to make sure it’s going where I want to go, but today I somehow just blindly accepted the $5, 20 minute trip.

Customer was at one of the mega hotels on the Vegas Strip. Instructions were to deliver to room on 43rd floor! I texted him to meet me at the UBER pick up area and said I would see him in 20 minutes.

I avoid deliveries to the Strip because the surrounding area is mostly the hood, but the dozen or so times I have delivered there, the customer has always come down to meet me, and usually tipped well. Parking and finding the room would add at least 20 minutes and that’s if I am even allowed up the elevator as most big hotels require a room key to use the elevator.

He didn’t reply, so I called when I was 5 minutes away. “Oh, I got your message but you WILL be delivering it to my room because I paid for that service!!!”. Politely told him I had another delivery after him (Lie), and he needed to meet me at the UBER pick up. “BS! I will cancel it then!!” Ok fine.

He didn’t cancel and I couldn’t start the clock as the UBER pick up area wasn’t close enough to the pin. Then he hit me with another text of “I am paying for you to deliver my food to my room!!!”.

For the first time ever I used the “can’t find customer” and canceled it myself. Maybe should have called support, but have had bad luck explaining things to them lately.

Admittedly the guy was a jerk
but leaving a papertrail like
that then keeping the food
seems like a horrible idea.
All its going to take is a human to
read the messages and complaint
for some shit to hit a fan.

PriusPennyPusher

So if the customer doesn’t show you get to keep the food? It’s like the reverse free pizza if not delivered in 30 minutes.

Now you got me considering doing these deliveries. 😋

Mr 10000

So if the customer doesn’t show you get to keep the food? It’s like the reverse free pizza if not delivered in 30 minutes.

Now you got me considering doing these deliveries. 😋

Probably the 5th time in 1700 deliveries that I took home the food, and the first time that I did it deliberately. Later that day, I had a delivery to an apartment complex with no apt # listed.

Texted and no answer, called twice and got the message “This person cannot be reached.”. Timer was almost done and I called once more and she answered. Twice in 2 hours probably would trigger a problem.

I always do my best to deliver, because I would rather have the tip than the food anyway.

Another Uber Driver

One of the many things at which both Fubar and Gryft fail is educating the passengers on being aware of their surroundings/situation. This is why passengers are not toes to the kerb during Rush Hours when their address is at a NO STANDING [IN RUSH HOUR] Zone. It is also why these Rocket Scientists expect that you are going to schlepp an order up several floors when said Rocket Scientist already is aware that he must have a room key to use the elevator. It should follow that if he must have a rook key to use the elevator, anyone else who wants to use the elevator must ALSO have a room key...................DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

We can pass over there being no place for the driver to park while he schlepps the order to the forty-third floor.

I do not know if you can do this on any of the delivery applications, but, if you can, one thing that I would do is look at where it is going and call the customer before you leave the restaurant. Tell him that you are at the restaurant, you have his order, and can he come to the lobby to get it. If this clone of @DriversAreMean / @AveragePerson decides that you are going to schlepp it to the forty third floor (for no tip) because he allegedly "paid" for that, you can tell him that his order is waiting for him at the restaurant and that he can go to fetch it his damned self.

chameleon168

Yeah f that. Next time just tell him there's no legal short term parking for delivery drivers (there isn't on the strip, is there? I sure as hell don't remember ever seeing any and I've been to Vegas many times) and get that timer going as soon as you're close enough to the hotel for it to trigger. What an a**hole.

Planet Express Driver

Got some delicious Japanese food last night due to a customer @@@@ up with their address. Was told I didn't have to complete and had enough for dinner last night for my wife and I and even lunch today. Got to appreciate the little things. And getting paid to boot, best part it was door dash so I was tipped to eat the customers food lol. This doesn't happen often but so rewarding when it does.

kingcorey321

My advice is meaningless.
Next time when your 5 minutes away text them tell them to come down for there food.
You sit in the car in the nice ac playing your favorite music .
You wait 5 minutes click delivered . Have a nice meal move on.
Who really knows if the correct person collected the food or not ? What if the guy was really drunk and for got you delivered the food to them ?
Point is its a crap pay job no worries

DriversAreMean

Believe it or not, I don’t blame you for that. If you live in an apartment or anywhere with more than one floor you can’t expect someone to find you and need to ensure the person can drop it off somewhere safely in the lobby.
Post automatically merged:

Got some delicious Japanese food last night due to a customer @@@@ up with their address. Was told I didn't have to complete and had enough for dinner last night for my wife and I and even lunch today. Got to appreciate the little things. And getting paid to boot, best part it was door dash so I was tipped to eat the customers food lol. This doesn't happen often but so rewarding when it does.
Your wife must be so happy to be married to an Uber delivery man who is literally bringing home the bacon