Not even $20 per hour

HOw much do you earn per hour?

• Total voters

BusyBee

I'm not even earning $20 an hour before I even take into account all the expenses. Is this normal for people?
Yes, Anthony, this is the norm but people still do it, for most they do it year round.
I sometimes wonder, if these people are normal?

Last edited:

lui6155

I'm not even earning $20 an hour before I even take into account all the expenses. Is this normal for people?
Anthony, suggest u read this post in the Melb Forum. That market is very similar to Perth's (rates and saturation of drivers) and the conclusion of the post is:
*the Uber model is flawed/unsustainable
*marginal only if can cherry pick the times eg part time only
*if relying on leasing a car (thru Splend or otherwise) you are a fool

https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-viability-as-a-full-time-income.186113/#post-2773530

Tonybdavies

Surge does not exist, or if it does exist the barriers to entry are too high and too short lived anyway. What are barriers to entry? Distance required to travel from home to surge location. Calculate cost of travel, less loss of earnings while traveling to this magical surge land equals not worth bothering about

MI9

It's normal and ridiculous when you think of the hours and the investment. When I started three months ago people were saying that they were making money? I wonder if they still are ?

BusyBee

It's normal and ridiculous when you think of the hours and the investment. When I started three months ago people were saying that they were making money? I wonder if they still are ?
Haha! You spoke to Uber undercover people.

UbeRay

$27.45 per hour averaged over 24 weeks. Payout after Ubers %.
No costs e.g. GST, Car and Fuel etc taken into account

Damo66

Some people think they're making money because they don't factor their costs. And I think others simply tell fibs about how much they make because they're embarrassed for anyone to know how little they earn.

That's about standard these days. After GST, costs etc it would be around $14-16 per hour.

lui6155

And that's a mixture of XL and X rates if I am not mistaken UbeRay (meaning higher fares for XL jobs) but also higher overall operating costs (larger and more expensive vehicle)
Bottom line, slim pickings.

UbeRay

And that's a mixture of XL and X rates if I am not mistaken UbeRay (meaning higher fares for XL jobs) but also higher overall operating costs (larger and more expensive vehicle)
Bottom line, slim pickings.
Not deterred :smiles: $92,000 gross (after Ubers %) from Uber last year and other income from other Rideshare companies. Only approx 15% XL. Ticking over quite nicely for me.