Not driving tonight? Are you an UBER, or are you a mouse?

Retired Senior

Child's rhyme:
This old man, he played one,
He played knick-knack on my drum
With a knick-knack paddywhack,
Give the dog a bone,
This old man came rolling home.

Yup, it's 9PM Friday Oct 28 and I am home, sucking down some cocktails and watching Vin Diesel in THE LAST WITCH-HUNTER (not a terribly good film, but appropriate for this weekend.)

Some Uber-men, both on the BBs as well as in real life, have made me feel as though I have a character defect if I don't put my ass in gear and go out tonight and MAKE MONEY. Well, I haven't been to a nightclub for 20 yrs, and I don't have the best night vision. "Trust the APP" you say, but I don't, not really. I try to only pick up riders if I recognize their pick up spot. If I draw a blank I just refuse the ping. This may come back and bite me on my ass but for now I only want to drive in the morning, when the sun is up, and most of the "party people" are still sleeping it off....

So telling me that I could be making $100 - $250 tonight does not motivate me. I'd rather be safe and comfortable and bring home $200 a week. There are a lot of drivers in my neck of the woods that must have never seen a motor vehicle driving test... they think that parking in the middle of a street while they buy a dime from their go-to guy is perfectly acceptable. Nah, I'll stay home until the sun shines...

Aaron Beauchamp

I refused to go out Halloween night. I went out Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but when Monday rolled around, I just said,"Nope, can't handle it tonight." People said,"But this is a great night to make $$$$." Nope. Didn't care. I've got my emotional and physical limits. Had enough by that point.