Not bad for a Tuesday!

NOLA-Uber

I wish every Tuesday was this good. I even took an hour off for lunch. Notice I didn't waste any time in the Cell Phone lot. Can't remember the last time I sat there with the MSY pickup zombies!

Lyle

:cool: That's the random nature of Uber. You have some $100 days and some days you're lucky to get a ride or two. It's a bit like gambling most of the time you lose, but every now and then you win.

NOLA-Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
:cool: That's the random nature of Uber. You have some $100 days and some days you're lucky to get a ride or two. It's a bit like gambling most of the time you lose, but every now and then you win.
True, although yesterday I did $108 but it took about 4 and a half hours and 7 trips.

NOLA-Uber

I saw that he was making a bit more driving XL, but then your costs are greater as well.
$10 extra for XL to the airport for very little extra cost. Well worth the extra buck or so spent on gas. And having XL capability allows me to get more pings overall than a regular Uber X vehicle.

Lyle

$10 extra for XL to the airport for very little extra cost. Well worth the extra buck or so spent on gas. And having XL capability allows me to get more pings overall than a regular Uber X vehicle.
I would have thought that X got more requests than XL. Whenever I get more than passengers I always tell them to request XL. Looking at the rider app it seems XL might have travel a bit further than X because I don't see that many XL compared to X.

tohunt4me

I would have thought that X got more requests than XL. Whenever I get more than passengers I always tell them to request XL. Looking at the rider app it seems XL might have travel a bit further than X because I don't see that many XL compared to X.
Have you seen some of the racks of luggage some people come out of the hotel with ?
Some of those folks need XL.

potato_muncher

I normally do the same on Tuesdays in about five to six hours. Today I only did $45 in five hours. I knew today was going to suck when I went down all of Carrollton without a ping.

NOLA-Uber

Have you seen some of the racks of luggage some people come out of the hotel with ?
Some of those folks need XL.
My first XL MSY trip was 2 women with one bag each. Don't know why they ordered XL, and I wasn't gonna ask. The 2nd XL airport trip was a family of 3 from Brazil with 4 very large pieces of luggage that an X vehicle would not have been able to carry, so it was obvious why they wanted XL.

NOLA-Uber

Today, Wednesday, not so good. I spent 3 hours on the mean streets and made a whopping $12.06.

Lyle

:cool: Don't know about you guys but I have been driving for a year and Wednesday is my worst day. I usually schedule my Dr. Appointments or other things then. I also have pretty much quit driving on the weekends because I think a lot of people who have regular jobs during the week drive to pick up some extra money on the weekend. If I don't get a ping or two by 10:30 AM on a Wednesday I head home.