• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

North jersey drivers get 17 cents per minute

North jersey drivers get base fare of .87 cents,
0.17 cents per minute and 0.66 cents per mile.
Had a guy in my car for 58 minutes and Uber paid $10 for distance from north jersey to New York City and $7.45 for one hour time going in and nothing for 40 mins leaving manhattan bc New Jersey drivers can’t pick up anyone in Manhattan. The surge is a joke now. And yes I got $5 extra for the tunnel toll but Uber announced they’ll be paying the exact amount $13.50 I ez pass fare starting soon I guess. Pax seem to think drivers make good money. Drivers make an average of $15 to $20 an hour gross that means take all expenses out of thst $15 or $20 an hour. Whoever thinks Uber pays better at least in north jersey is grandly mistaken.

Attachments

father of unicorns

Here are Lyft's rate in Las Vegas

Per Mile (With Passenger)$0.448
Per Mile (Without Passenger)$0.448
Per Minute (With Passenger)$0.20
Per Minute (Without Passenger)$0.20
Per Pickup$0.48

But yet there are people still driving at these rates.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tampa Uber rates (which are similar if not higher than other parts of Florida).

Base .75
Per minute .08
Per mile. .65

Uber and Lyft have turned what could of been great for all 3 parties involved into a total scam except a few at the top. Drivers and 90% of investors (100% post IPO) will all be left in bad shape.
These rates are worse. Wow! And I hear Florida is not as cheap as it used to be.

Tampa Bay Hauler

Tampa Uber rates (which are similar if not higher than other parts of Florida).

Base .75
Per minute .08
Per mile. .65

Uber and Lyft have turned what could of been great for all 3 parties involved into a total scam except a few at the top. Drivers and 90% of investors (100% post IPO) will all be left in bad shape.
The biggest @@@@@ I have is the per minute rate here. This makes scheduled/unscheduled rides a really bad thing to have happen to you. That is a rate which is less than $5.40 per hour. Ridiculous.