Non Uber related climate rage

Strange Fruit

When the SF temp is predicted to be 75-80 lately, it ends up being 20 higher pretty often. Last two weeks there was two days in a row like this, plus many other times in past few years. Are the weather prediction models outdated, and unable to forecast in the new climate? Forecasts were never perfect, but "in the mid 70s" and "oh @@@@ it's almost 100" are not just a little off. It's not like 80% chance of rain, and then it's a little drizzle and the clouds clear up. When it's going to be a regular 65-70 SF summer day, it usually plays out correctly. It's just when it's supposed to be hot and then it's very very hot. I'm grateful we aren't wiped off the earth by hurricanes tho.

UberAnt39

When the SF temp is predicted to be 75-80 lately, it ends up being 20 higher pretty often. Last two weeks there was two days in a row like this, plus many other times in past few years. Are the weather prediction models outdated, and unable to forecast in the new climate? Forecasts were never perfect, but "in the mid 70s" and "oh &%[email protected]!* it's almost 100" are not just a little off. It's not like 80% chance of rain, and then it's a little drizzle and the clouds clear up. When it's going to be a regular 65-70 SF summer day, it usually plays out correctly. It's just when it's supposed to be hot and then it's very very hot. I'm grateful we aren't wiped off the earth by hurricanes tho.
On the bright side, at least it's more reliable than Uber's Pin placement.

Strange Fruit

10am. It's already hotter than today's forecasted high.
Heat island no where for heat to dissipate.
Uh, why is it cooler here than the surrounding land? And why wouldn't the heat dissipate, westward over the cold ocean, or north, south, east, NW, SE, etc? And what would that have to do with lately? Did it become a heat island in recent years? Or are u just talking about something entirely different, just for kicks?

We're all gonna die

I mean, that's true anyways, but it can't be hot every day. I thought I escaped that when I moved to SF.

Leo.

Well at least people can somewhat prepare for a hurricane. If we get an earthquake it'll be all about fate. I lived in Florida so I'm used to just enjoying that cold AC when it's too hot outside.

tohunt4me

When the SF temp is predicted to be 75-80 lately, it ends up being 20 higher pretty often. Last two weeks there was two days in a row like this, plus many other times in past few years. Are the weather prediction models outdated, and unable to forecast in the new climate? Forecasts were never perfect, but "in the mid 70s" and "oh &%[email protected]!* it's almost 100" are not just a little off. It's not like 80% chance of rain, and then it's a little drizzle and the clouds clear up. When it's going to be a regular 65-70 SF summer day, it usually plays out correctly. It's just when it's supposed to be hot and then it's very very hot. I'm grateful we aren't wiped off the earth by hurricanes tho.
San Francisco is Coastal.
The Pacific has Typhoons.
You will be wiped off the face of the Earth
by a Typhoon.
That is all.

You may continue to worry about earthquakes now.
Wonder how that 85 year old bridge over there would act in an earthquake . . .
Infrastructure.
( Notice the bi planes flying over as thousands walk across bridge at Grand Opening in 1937 . . )

10am. It's already hotter than today's forecasted high.

Uh, why is it cooler here than the surrounding land? And why wouldn't the heat dissipate, westward over the cold ocean, or north, south, east, NW, SE, etc? And what would that have to do with lately? Did it become a heat island in recent years? Or are u just talking about something entirely different, just for kicks?

We're all gonna die

I mean, that's true anyways, but it can't be hot every day. I thought I escaped that when I moved to SF.
Yes.
We are ALL GOING TO DIE.
No one gets out alive !
Life is Designed to kill you.
Just be glad Lions arent hiding behind parked cars waiting to eat us alive in the streets. . . . .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-12-14-06-58.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-12-14-06-58.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_2017-09-12-14-07-35.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-12-14-07-35.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2017-09-12-14-09-44.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-12-14-09-44.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2017-09-12-14-11-07.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-12-14-11-07.png