1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Nocturnal Wonderland, insane surge

Discussion in 'Inland Empire & Riverside County' started by painfreepc, Sep 6, 2015.

1. painfreepc

painfreepc

Driving:
    UberX
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. THIRDEYE

THIRDEYE

LOL damn... please don't tell me that's the highest it reached. Even a guaranteed 4x wouldn't have been enough to convince me to drive there.
    I had a pax in LBC tell me I should drive the event because his buddy drives for Uber and sleeps with female pax rolling on e or molly or whatever kids are taking these days.

3. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    Sounds like a future UberRape headline.

4. painfreepc

painfreepc

Driving:
    UberX
    One young lady passed me wearing only paint as bikini bottom, God Help Me..

5. THIRDEYE

THIRDEYE

As another guy with eyeballs... you got me reconsidering the drive. Or I could just save the 100 miles and potential of sexual assault allegations and just go to a strip club.

Nocturnal instagram.
    https://instagram.com/nocturnalwland/?hl=en
    You are correct, 90% of ladies just wearing panties.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  6. THAT'S WHAT I HATE ABOUT THE SURGE HIGHLIGHTED AREAS! UBER LIGHTS UP EVERYTHING, MOUNTAINS, DESERT, LAKES,.....EVERYTHING! WHO THE HELL NEEDS A RIDE OUT THERE? WILE E. COYOTE? SASQUATCH?? FLIPPER???

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  7. painfreepc

painfreepc

Driving:
    UberX
    That why I posted the pics, its just plain stupid..
    And how come the surge does not cover Riverside city and Corona.

8. hanging in there

hanging in there

Driving:
    UberSUV
    From my experience at Nocturnal it only surged for a brief period of time and mostly when it wasn't worth the hassle of getting into or out of the event. At some point in the evening I just drove as far away as I could from the event before I turned my app back on, and still kept getting pulled back into it with non-surged rides that took me back to the traffic nightmare. Then good luck getting a ride back out of there without lots of waiting around with hundreds of other Uber drivers. I got pinged faster only because I was one of the few XL cars. I finally escaped all the way to OC before turning my app back on but before the end of the night STILL wound up getting pulled back there by the seduction of the 3.2 surge, only to find out my pax couldn't get good enough cell reception to connect with me and wound up cancelling and getting another Uber or whatever. Finally got a 2.0 ping for my last trip out. Then came back and it was over, wasted trip.

Tonight I think I'll just avoid it altogether and start out in OC or LA.

Just a word of advice, during the busy exit times, like maybe midnight to 3 am or so, the police only allowed you to enter Glen Helen Parkway from the northbound I-15 exit. Not the Southbound I-15 exit, not from the other side by I-215. If you don't know that, like I didn't, you could waste an hour driving up and down and around the entire area trying to get onto Glen Helen. Oh, and if you don't stop first at that street to wait in line with a hundred or two other Ubers to get your number (accessible by taking the Sierra exit from the I-15), you won't get in and have to circle around and do it all over again (during the midnight to 3am period?).

I didn't see very good, if any, info coming out of Uber to properly inform us what the deal was, in term of things like the traffic control situation on Glen Helen. They did outline the numbering waiting procedure but not the time frame that it would be in effect, I don't believe.

black dynamite likes this.
  9. Cause Glen Helen is in San Berdo county.

10. The UberNator

The UberNator

Driving:
    UberX
    Nocturnal Wonderland traffic sucked but if you're just like me and have been driving for a long time, you should know by now how traffic gets and be prepared. Many drivers made a lot of $ and many didn't. Friday was kind of slow. Saturday and Sunday were SWEEEEETTTTT!!! Met a lot of new drivers and gave them tips. Hopefully they take my advice. Had a new driver tell me he takes any ride. That's great but why not wait til it surges that way you double or triple your money. Told me he doesn't care about surge. He'll eventually learn the hard way. Anyhow, great to hear many drivers made decent $200-$400 a night :) REMEMBER BE A SMART DRIVER. MAKE MONEY SMART :)

11. hanging in there

hanging in there

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Sorry to sound cold but my first thought when I pulled into the lot and saw lots of Uber drivers standing there talking to each other while glancing at their phone every 10 seconds was, what a waste of time on a Friday night. As much as I'd like to get to know other drivers and "talk story" as they say in Hawaii, I don't think it makes sense to do so in a prime pickup time (anywhere else but Nocturnal), and wait for midnight or so when the pings were finally going to bust loose out of there. It made more sense to me to just stay away until the calls took me in, then escape as fast as possible. The problem is that the venue was in such an isolated area that in order to truly "escape" to a better pickup area took a good hour of driving or more. I heard the comment from a few other drivers that for that reason they felt "trapped" there. I was one of those "trapped" drivers for a couple hours Friday night, if you saw me in my silver minivan, but after that I learned to stay away from the waiting game. Otherwise it seems to me to be the same as waiting in a taxi lineup for a couple hours or so for what might be a short ride, and having to fight the dust and traffic on top of it all.

There are other times to get social; slow times, this forum, whatever, but I don't like the idea of socializing on a Friday night and thinking I'm actually out there trying to make money when I'm just wasting opportunities.

12. Hard to imagine it getting cold this time of year, the wind I get cause I use to ride Glen Helen on the other side of there all the time. Had to do a complete clean too after three trips.

But how many trips did you do and how far?

13. hanging in there

hanging in there

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I don't remember exactly but generally they were going to/coming from hotels or houses in either the DT SB area, the Ontario Mills area or the Ontario Airport area.
    Saturday evening I got tired of it and escaped but came back at about 4am for one last ride out of there, to the DT SB area. I then got lucky and got a local call from that area that took me closer to home. Sunday morning I took a few loads in from the same areas (airport and Ontario Mills), then got a ride from the Ontario Mills area to OC, so I worked OC until the calls took me to Hollywood. From then on I just worked mostly LA County, I never came back to Nocturnal.

14. Ms J

Ms J

Driving:
    UberX
    LMFAO