NO WAIT Trip requests

laureb

Uber kind of tricks the driver to accept pro trip requests just before it starts surging. Very often, I noticed that upon accepting a no wait trip request, all of a sudden it surges 1.5 +. That's is why they pushed drivers to accept those pro trip requests, and when you ovoid them, you get a pop us message detailing its importance and seeking feedback why you are not accepting them . Sad out of their 3 choices, there was nothing related to surge reasons. Well clearly if I do not accept the no wait trip request, it is mainly because I am aware that it is surging heavily 5 mins away from me and I do not want to pick up a pro trip request on a non surge area to drive for 40 mins 15 km for 20 dollars where you are more profitable to drive less and earn more on a surge area

Do all of you guys accept the no wait trip requests ? How do you deal with it ?

Last edited:

Mightymong

I ignore them quite often. Its nearly impossible to know the actual pickup location when driving. Say you are at a 70 zone and about to reach an intersection... would you really pay attention to the pro request details?

laureb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I ignore them quite often. Its nearly impossible to know the actual pickup location when driving. Say you are at a 70 zone and about to reach an intersection... would you really pay attention to the pro request details?
Uber feedback is that any no waiting requests should be within minutes , max I saw is 5 mins from your drop off location

The most annoying part of the no wait request is more that you are more likely to miss on the surge price when accepting it ( Specially during week ends during peak hours)

ubermatic

and when you ovoid them, you get a pop us message detailing its importance and seeking feedback why you are not accepting them . Sad out of their 3 choices, there was nothing related to surge reasons.
I've never had a pop up questionnaire before. I've, on occasion, been unable to accept these requests because the riders have multiple destinations and uber will not know this. Is this one of the options on the survey?

Jwoodsa

I find that if you take them you are never more than 5min from the pick up. Last Thursday morning I had 3 in a row all at a surge price to.

I've never had a pop up questionnaire before. I've, on occasion, been unable to accept these requests because the riders have multiple destinations and uber will not know this. Is this one of the options on the survey?
If you know your rider has a second destination, accept the stacked request.

Have the current pax put in the next destination, the stacked ping gets sent back into the pool.

sporadic

Yes, that's what I learnt too. Accept the stack always, but if you wanna drop the stack, dropoff the pax and change the destination. Stack drops, change destination back to original, end trip.

Have the current pax put in the next destination, the stacked ping gets sent back into the pool.

LevelX

but if you wanna drop the stack, dropoff the pax and change the destination. Stack drops, change destination back to original, end trip.
Hmmm from memory the pax will get a alert that you changed the destination, so maybe change it to the current suburb or something generic close by, but far enough to drop the stacked pin.

You don't want the pax complaining about you trying to do a fare dodge on them etc even though it was ended :wink:

ubermatic

Thanks for that. Good tip. But, would the next rider know that it wasn't me that made it impossible to pick her up? Might she write a complaint to uber since my profile would have registered on her phone?

If I understand correctly, it doesn't even come up on their history since they never left the pool since the ride didn't start.

Either way if they give us another fare bonus then you will need to do this to keep acceptance up.