1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

No Underaged Unaccompanied Minors

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by circle1, Nov 12, 2016.

1. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by Queenofthepak, Jun 23, 2016

Reply by SoiCowboy on November 12, 2016:

"Here is the answer I got from Uber:

'Thanks for reaching out.

In accordance with Uber's Terms of Service, account holders must be at least 18 years old. Drivers confirmed to have

transported unaccompanied minors may be deactivated.

If you believe an unaccompanied minor may have ridden in your vehicle, please let us know. We do not penalise drivers who

contact us for this reason.

Additionally as you have shared the feedback with us and we appreciate that you shared this with us along with your

professionalism.

Any rider account holder found to be underage will be removed from the Uberplatform. Account holders who allow

unaccompanied minors to use their account to ride will be banned from requesting trips.

Please let us know if you have questions.'"

KingGoober likes this.
  2. MrA

MrA Well-Known Member

Unaccompanied minors are also illegal under CPUC rules for TNC. I have complained several times I should get a cancellation fee for these minors that request pick ups. I got nothing.

circle1 likes this.
  3. StephenT

StephenT Member

For a short period of time there was the option to Cancel or "Contact uber" and flag it as "a minor" or "underage rider". I wouldn't kick a rider out once I learned they were under 18, but would report it to uber - after all that is what they are taking their cut for right? Managing riders and drivers.
    I noticed recently (with a "surge" of underage riders during the holiday time) the app no longer has the option to report a ride as a underage rider.

New plan, waste the 5 minutes "waiting" for a valid account owner to enter the vehicle and if not, cancel as a No Show. At best you will get a couple bucks for your time (~5 minutes drive, plus 5+ minutes wait) versus whatever the fare might be, but it is a valid reason to cancel - literally the required rider did not show. It should get uber's attention soon by making a stink out of it.

Blackout 702 and circle1 like this.
  4. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

^ Absolutely, it's a huge liability & risk with almost zero return.

5. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My first day driving I got an underage account holders account banned. Felt good. Wanted me to pick him up at his ms and asked his age (15) and noped out of there. Wrote into uber and got his account deactivated within 10 minutes. During that time he kept requesting and I'd take them all to save hassle for an uber brother or sister