No uber?

Nori

I had trouble getting a uber this morning which I found so strange being that I've been using uber for the last 3 months just to go to work on time, is there a reason? I just was informed by one of the drivers that they going on strike.... How true is that and why?

Jam Val

Hartford just lowered the rates. You pay less, drivers make less. That could be the reason. Check out the cities tab and look for Connecticut. There should be discussion there. :smiles:

Simon

There are plenty of cars in hartford right now. This is an Uber rep im pretty sure.

uberguy_in_ct

I had trouble getting a uber this morning which I found so strange being that I've been using uber for the last 3 months just to go to work on time, is there a reason? I just was informed by one of the drivers that they going on strike.... How true is that and why?
Uber just lowered the rates in Hartford to $1.10/mile, out of which uber takes the first twenty percent from the driver leaving him or her with $.88/mile, the IRS says it costs $.57/mile to operate a vehicle, leaving the driver with a net of $.31/mile and $.13/minute with a $1.40 base fee. If your ride to work is 5 miles and 10 minutes that leaves the driver with $4.25 profit. That includes the uncompensated time and miles it took him to get to you and it's very possible that is the only request he will get that hour. I hope you are not one of the people that thinks the tip is included at those rates unless you think $4.00 is a fair price for the ride and $.25 is an adequate tip.

borrowedtune

Strangely, there seemed to be an over abundance of ubers milling around Cromwell and Middletown today. Coincidence?