no uber today? What the heck

westorange

OH my god like i totally need a ride to the mall and there is no uber or lyft. For the big money you should really be open! Imagine the surge you would have

unPat

Which mall ? The One on the second floor of the $20 million Mears headquarter? That's quiet a dedication from mears to keep the business open like their taxi services in these dire times.

Telsa34

OH my god like i totally need a ride to the mall and there is no uber or lyft. For the big money you should really be open! Imagine the surge you would have

I don't think Uber or Lyft is going to do a surge in the middle of a hurricane I don't think they can fight the bad PR that would come from it's all on here in Jacksonville lift is not but I'm not driving there's no surge I can see about 2 cars within 30 miles around me

unPat

I don't think Uber or Lyft is going to do a surge in the middle of a hurricane I don't think they can fight the bad PR that would come from it's all on here in Jacksonville lift is not but I'm not driving there's no surge I can see about 2 cars within 30 miles around me
If they want to take the moral high ground they should at lest give the booking fee and comission to the drivers. I drove for 2 hrs last night, most of the pings were 15+ miles away and those who need a ride on these bad weather don't tip.

wk1102

If they want to take the moral high ground they should at lest give the booking fee and comission to the drivers. I drove for 2 hrs last night, most of the pings were 15+ miles away and those who need a ride on these bad weather don't tip.
unPat hey do you play hardwoid spades online?

Telsa34

Screenshot_20170910-132249.png

Fuzzyelvis

FYI in Houston we JUST got surging back after no uber or lyft for a few days after Harvey, and surge completely frozen since. And now it appears to be capped at 2.5 on Friday night and 3.4 Saturday night.

Plus curfews after Harvey killed our business too.

But expect no surge for a couple of weeks at least if they do what they did here. We had many areas flooded, but not a huge loss of power, so much of the city was up and running the next week. However NO surge. NONE. CLEARLY turned off.

I hope you have savings...even if you have a car and can drive.

UBERyDUMB

FYI in Houston we JUST got surging back after no uber or lyft for a few days after Harvey, and surge completely frozen since. And now it appears to be capped at 2.5 on Friday night and 3.4 Saturday night.

Plus curfews after Harvey killed our business too.

But expect no surge for a couple of weeks at least if they do what they did here. We had many areas flooded, but not a huge loss of power, so much of the city was up and running the next week. However NO surge. NONE. CLEARLY turned off.

I hope you have savings...even if you have a car and can drive.

Yep, same with Andrew in Dade County. Curfews in effect then & probably now as well...

Thank God no fatAlities this time, just 4 so far related to car crashes.

Driving should be one of your last priorities at this time. Try cleaning debris for days...

touberornottouber

Here in Daytona (what Uber calls Central Atlantic) we aren't even allowed to drive. Most traffic lights are back online and all curfews are lifted but still two days after the hurricane no uber or lyft. The county bus system was even running yesterday.

wk1102

Here in Daytona (what Uber calls Central Atlantic) we aren't even allowed to drive. Most traffic lights are back online and all curfews are lifted but still two days after the hurricane no uber or lyft. The county bus system was even running yesterday.
I'm in Port st Lucie, same uber area, no reason for suspended service here. Stuart, which is considered Miami/ South Fl has been up 2 days now..

How'd you make out with the storm?

Screenshot_20170913-082959.png
Screenshot_20170913-082853.png

But if i drive a mile south I can go online...

Tweet them, I've been doing it for 2 days