No Uber surge @Foxboro

ubermaster5000

Is Uber deleting surges to keep fares lower than Lyft?

I think the answer here is obvious

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170907-220255.png
    Screenshot_20170907-220255.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20170907-220302.png
    Screenshot_20170907-220302.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20170907-220743.png
    Screenshot_20170907-220743.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 86

ROTA

Yes, and if they surge they will put again at some Walpole jungle to hook drivers here and start giving massive pings for who get to that surge area, im living proof of that and i can give you so much details about this shaddy thing that i get mad just by thinking about that

ubermaster5000

ITS HALFTIME!!! Jesus Christ, who's gonna leave the opener at the half? In a close game? Lol, you guys are some big time whiners. It's hilarious.

70,000 people is 70,000 people. They are also in the middle of no where. Regardless of halftime, things come up and people need to get places but no surge?

I will admit however that correlating an anticipated Uber surge with a Lyft powerzone doesn't make sense

E30addixt

Got a ride from airport with 50% power zone, ride was 35 bucks on my end screen and 39 on costumer screen
explain me that

You're confusing power zone and primetime. Lyft pays power zone and the customer pays primetime.

$39 cus fare - 25% for lyft plus power zone - Lyft cut = $33 so the numbers are right inline.

ITS HALFTIME!!! Jesus Christ, who's gonna leave the opener at the half? In a close game? Lol, you guys are some big time whiners. It's hilarious.
This

Wouldn't you think 70,000 fans in a rural town would generate a surge? I guess my logic here is flawed

Yes, it's flawed. See above. If there is no surge and there is primetime when the game is over you might have a point. Time will tell.

ubermaster5000

You're confusing power zone and primetime. Lyft pays power zone and the customer pays primetime.

$39 cus fare - 25% for lyft plus power zone - Lyft cut = $33 so the numbers are right inline.

This

Yes, it's flawed. See above. If there is no surge and there is primetime when the game is over you might have a point. Time will tell.
But if there is no surge after the game then I will be very suspicious. I truely believe Uber has been deleting surges to keep fares competitive or for political reasons (no surge during recent Boston protest yet Lyft was surging hard)

CharlesG

I believe uber deletes surge or fakes surge to have riders there, or at certain areas honestly.

Up to 450 PT on lyft right now.

ubermaster5000

No kidding. Surge to them is sending out a high pre priced fare and keeping the extra for themselves. Why pay the driver surge when you can charge the customer the surge price and keep the dough?
Quite plausible but they still have to stay competitive against Lyft. I suppose what you said is what would happen if either rideshare company had a monopoly here in the Boston market

Appleberries88

Fascinating

During times of high demand for rides, fares may increase to make sure those who need a ride can get one.

Trust me. There are way more then enough X's here to cover the downtime right now. If everyone just walked out the stadium at once that might be a different story. I'm on a duo platform so I don't think anyone will be paying $500 to get home after walking 3 miles to the lot so I'll probably be doing a X's until later tonight

Appleberries88

The game is only in the 3rd.[/QUOTE

Once the incentive hours pass the surges will probably kick in.

Gillette houses more than 2x fans what Fenway does though. I just think realistically, when 70,000 fans amass in a rural town, a surge should occur regardless of game time

True but if there's already hundreds of cars here they don't feel the need to increase the price. Now the people how request after the first hundred might be faced with that issue.