Uber Drivers Forum banner

No Uber No. No No No Nooooo

3K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  Trump Economics 
#1 ·
I don't want it!!!!
Photograph Product Screenshot Font Smile

See less See more
#6 ·
I unfortunately updated the app, forgot to pay attention to the auto update once. Got the new app, been driving with it for couple of days. Nothing really is new, everything is the same just different spots, except turn off new requests, after ending the ride, the app is off without giving you a choice to keep driving or go offline, now that’s a killer at Lax.

The new app is a precursor to the Charlotte surge to be rolled out nationwide, ultimately everyone will be forced to update or won’t be able to log on.

#9 ·
I unfortunately updated the app, forgot to pay attention to the auto update once. Got the new app, been driving with it for couple of days. Nothing really is new, everything is the same just different spots, except turn off new requests, after ending the ride, the app is off without giving you a choice to keep driving or go offline, now that's a killer at Lax.

The new app is a precursor to the Charlotte surge to be rolled out nationwide, ultimately everyone will be forced to update or won't be able to log on.
iPhone???

#18 ·
Even though you'd hate to admit it, you are still part of the food chain and as far as I'm concerned, the closer you are to the top of the food chain, the closer you are to extinction.
Lol. All the mafias laugh at the ants at the bottom. Good luck, can't say I didn't try.

One guy in the pen sticks out to me back when I first started. He'd taunt the ants as they drove past yelling "go get that life changing 67¢"

You should feel blessed it's 79.5¢ now

#19 ·
Lol. All the mafias laugh at the ants at the bottom. Good luck, can't say I didn't try.

One guy in the pen sticks out to me back when I first started. He'd taunt the ants as they drove past yelling "go get that life changing 67¢"

That's funny cause all I hear is them crying, not laughing!

#21 ·
Has Uber hired the same PR firm as Lyft? the lies are sounding more and more the same.........spin.........."your new app experience".........pictures of models who never actually took a single ride..........but it works................at least until reality forces its way in like being hit by a freight train.
Had some Lyft pax comment "we would never take Uber, please don't tell us you also drive for Uber, they are so evil, Lyft treats its drivers much better"............I just kept my mouth shut........whats the point........drop and move on........the PR machine works

#23 ·
[QUOTE="
Had some Lyft pax comment "we would never take Uber, please don't tell us you also drive for Uber, they are so evil, Lyft treats its drivers much better"............I just kept my mouth shut........whats the point........drop and move on........the PR machine works[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but it's your responsibility to tell pax that Lyft is actually the worse of the two with a much better pr team to cover up the lies. I do my best to tell every living soul; pax or not.

#24 ·
heres some issues I've encountered using the new app..

surge map...not knowing the actual surge inside a surge...you don't know if its increasing or decreasing..big flaws..

address/location..you have to have your app on your phone screen to show you the location of the pickup..if not...all you get is the ping box...I've accepted rides and had to cancel after finding out the location/address of the ride...big flaws..

ending/canceling after trip has started...had to throw out a rider after 3 miles or so...and after end ride the new app wouldn't let me...said I couldn't while the trips in progress...made the rider cancel it...

pools...ive picked up pool on dt and turn off app for solo ride...1/2 miles away from destination...I turned off dt and turn app on for new rides...as soon as I did that I got new pool rides when I was 1/2 miles from the dropoff...I just ignored the new pickup and dropped off the pool..as I tried to end the trip on her work...the new app said are you sure you want to end the trip early...even when I was at her dropoff..after dropping her off I just turn off the app and went home..later I turn on app to see the fare details and found out I had 2 auto pool rides and both cancel but 1 got charged for $2...

navigation...I use google map...as I near addres it changes to uber map...this is a simple fix as you can click on google icon to bring back google map..but you have to take 2 more steps to do that...

I think the new app sucks bigtime because from what I've mentioned...you also have to push menu/buttons 1 to 3 more times to get what you want or for it to do...and that's way to much to mess with your phone while driving...

#28 · (Edited)
but entitled pax don't want to be contradicted. They'll punish you for telling them the truth.

Virtue signalling gets overused but it is a thing. To them; if you contradict their narrative you are attacking them as a person. Re: Your not the person your posing as / lyft is not better than uber. The ego then goes into defense mode... against you.

Have seen it firsthand with other things. Disagreement gets transmuted into 'doesn't respect me'.

#29 ·
but entitled pax don't want to be contradicted. They'll punish you for telling them the truth.

Virtue signalling gets overused but it is a thing. To them; if you contradict their narrative you are attacking them as a person. Re: Your not the person your posing as / lyft is not better than uber. The ego then goes into defense mode... against you.
So what. F Lyft riders feelings.

#33 ·
But it's fun to tell people the truth about dysfunctional little sister.
but she's so cute in her pink dress

Have seen it firsthand with other things. Disagreement gets transmuted into 'doesn't respect me'.
yup....said well...........we can try with the "I understand why you think the way you do and so would I".......blah blah blah........not worth it.......those who really care will learn on there own.......I will send them here...........that's less than %2 probably........for those who want to drive I am more direct......still rather talk about the weather or just about anything than Uber/Lyft business model.

#34 ·
still rather talk about the weather or just about anything than Uber/Lyft business model.
I only want to talk to pax about how crappy uber/lyft's business model is, how it's designed to pay driver's the absolute least they're willing to accept while keeping them on the road as long as possible. And how lyft is much worse with a better pr team.

Lyft's pr works like this. 1st on the news is "Lyft self driving kills pax". Next day news is "Lyft creates flying bikes" so you forget that they recently killed someone. You're only imagining the flying bikes.

#35 ·
I only want to talk to pax about how crappy uber/lyft's business model is, how it's designed to pay driver's the absolute least they're willing to accept while keeping them on the road as long as possible. And how lyft is much worse with a better pr team.

Lyft's pr works like this. 1st on the news is "Lyft self driving kills pax". Next day news is "Lyft creates flying bikes" so you forget that they recently killed someone. You're only imagining the flying bikes.
Your right about Lyft of course....... but there is time and place for everything........most pax don't care........they just want to get to their destination.........they really don't care about the pain and suffering of an anonymous Lyft/Uber driver........or a starving kid in some unknown African.... country.......and what could they do? stop taking Lyft or Uber? take a bus or cab instead? the system will not change until there is a critical shortage of people willing to drive for sub minimum wages with no benefits and take high risks or until politicians are willing to force regulation or perhaps another solution or combination of solutions that I am not aware of...........but there is more and more truth about rideshare coming out slowly..........I had a flying bike in the 1970's while smoking pot and delivering the Glendale News Press on my Schwinn 5 speed............but that's another reality.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-uber-lyft-work-study-20180530-story.html

Seems like more and more of these kind of articale's coming out..........this link likely is already on the forum somewhere..........Lyfts comment is classic red herring logic..........a properly done random and representative survey only needs to do a tiny fraction of the total to be valid.

#36 ·
true people don't care and true about lyft's b.s. tiny fraction studies. Most Americans don't understand stats and they just take a false percentage and run with it as fact.

People don't care but, you can make a personal connection with people while in your car, tell them your story and make them empathize with your pain. It works.

I do every little thing i can to their brand for treating us like crap. The worst is to say nothing and let them continue to lie unpunished, with an untarnished brand.

Also, word spreads fast.

#38 · (Edited)
Mr. Jackson Drools on himself

( he is raising his arm due to Acute Angina Pain in photo . . .)

( note white knuckles due to impaired circulation . . .)( diminished capillary refill in anterior extremities)

Attachments

#40 ·

I don't think there is a single black or suv driver, even a select driver who haven't mocked the UberX drivers-ants watching them scurry in and out of staging lots almost ramming each other and playing bumber cars trying to rush to that 1.8 surge going 5 miles before pax get impatient and cancels on them.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.