No trips at all this morning in Hartford CT

Ubergaldrivet

Lyft is busy as the devil, Uber no pings at all. Drivers are texting me this morning. Is everyone taking advantage of the quests lyft has going on, or are you all made at Uber?

Atom guy

Here's the problem this week: it's vacation week so there are less people around, and Uber's Quest is only 6-8am, which is not the busiest time. So you can go into Hartford and try to get 5 Uber trips within the Quest zone to collect that $4 each by 8am, or you can do the Lyft 5 rides for $10 Streak, which is less money but can be done anywhere and can take as long as you need. I tried going to Hartford early a couple weeks ago, and had a hard time finding trips in the 6-8am time frame, and when I did they took me out of the city so I never got to complete the Quest. I also had Uber screw me with trips that seemed to be within the Quest zone but must have been right on the edge.

Ubergaldrivet

Here's the problem this week: it's vacation week so there are less people around, and Uber's Quest is only 6-8am, which is not the busiest time. So you can go into Hartford and try to get 5 Uber trips within the Quest zone to collect that $4 each by 8am, or you can do the Lyft 5 rides for $10 Streak, which is less money but can be done anywhere and can take as long as you need. I tried going to Hartford early a couple weeks ago, and had a hard time finding trips in the 6-8am time frame, and when I did they took me out of the city so I never got to complete the Quest. I also had Uber screw me with trips that seemed to be within the Quest zone but must have been right on the edge.
I’m enjoying seeing no surge at all, coupled with no traffic on the highways. Almost as good as summer. Rideshare slows down to weekends/events only in CT during the summer. Last year I did a couple of beach runs, using the pax ride as my df filter. Same for the return trip. My gas gets covered, and I relax for free. For those using ridershare as a pt gig, you can still make it work for you driving very part time

Ubergaldrivet

Hartford is still quiet as the devil. Over saturation, coupled with rising gas prices and ridiculous pax’s keeps me home, how about you?

I have started mowing lawns again instead. On average $60 per hour. All in my neighborhood. No one yells or one stars me, and my customers pay in cash. I have 6 customers plus my mom. On average $425 for 8 hours. I use two gallons of gas total for all tools involved in making their yards look great.

I like it better than Uber, and no additional insurance needed. Just a 48 inch zero turn.