No to uber pool?

red8719

Fairly new driver here still learning the perks to earn more. I've come across users that say do not accept pool requests at all is this true? Should I just do uberx ? What about acceptance rate?

JimKE

Yes, it is true. Some drivers never accept pool rides.

It does hurt your acceptance rate, obviously. You won't be deactivated for a low acceptance rate, but nobody really knows whether Uber might treat you differently. Some have speculated that people with high acceptance rates get more pings. I don't know how you'd ever be able to tell.

Vergence

Well I did rejected a pool request ride last night: why? 16 minutes away (from West LA to Bel Air). Who the F from Bel Air requests a Pool Ride? Cheapasses I tell you lol.

Thank goodness for that "No Thanks" button. Got a closer request (and it was UberX) seconds later.

Cableguynoe

Fairly new driver here still learning the perks to earn more. I've come across users that say do not accept pool requests at all is this true? Should I just do uberx ? What about acceptance rate?
Only do pool if you have a real shot at hitting the quest.

You'll see that pool trips can take up so much time and pay very little.
Not worth it.

Leah Swift

Ok. I'm new in Vegas and 2nd week here, this morning i accepted a pool then almost to her destination the uber app said adding a rider, I then dropped off the 1st rider, then i picked up the second rider, then again it said adding next rider, dropped off the second rider and picked up the 3rd.. is this uber pool? or stacking riders? i'm confused, because if this uber pool then I will accept it again because it wasn't that bad.

Jtdub

Ok. I'm new in Vegas and 2nd week here, this morning i accepted a pool then almost to her destination the uber app said adding a rider, I then dropped off the 1st rider, then i picked up the second rider, then again it said adding next rider, dropped off the second rider and picked up the 3rd.. is this uber pool? or stacking riders? i'm confused, because if this uber pool then I will accept it again because it wasn't that bad.
If you have two separate passengers in your ride at the same time it is Pool/Line. Stacked riders get dropped off before picking up another. And the rate you get paid is lower for more time so it is definitely bad.
Sounds like you had stacked rides which is usually great.

nzm37

Sponsor
do you get paid the same compared to picking up 3 individual rides?

Leah Swift

If you have two separate passengers in your ride at the same time it is Pool/Line. Stacked riders get dropped off before picking up another. And the rate you get paid is lower for more time so it is definitely bad.
Sounds like you had stacked rides which is usually great.
Yes..I have stacked riders then..but when I first accepted it ..the first rider was pool . .so stacking rides is automatic then because it just added by itself.

do you get paid the same compared to picking up 3 individual rides?
I thought it was a pool but it was actually a line. So I got paid for individual rides. First time getting that and I would love more of it. I feel better driving at the Vegas strip now.

Cableguynoe

Yes..I have stacked riders then..but when I first accepted it ..the first rider was pool . .so stacking rides is automatic then because it just added by itself.

Sounds like it was originally pool. But there were no other pool rides on your route so they sent you a stacked request. My guess is the other riders were all x.

You'll know pool when it happens.

surlywynch

I don't have pool/line in my area, but what do your trip records/earnings show? Lots of folks here post screen their shots, and there is a clear designation of "pool" ride, just like surge under the earnings tab.

Maquis

Pools allow the Nazi Empire to profiteer on your ass. You pick up 2 people, drive one mile, Uber gets paid twice for that mile, pays you a reduced rate for one mile. That's why they try to push them on you.

Others drivers around LA tell me if you reject 2 pool requests in a row Uber deactivates you for a while.

When I first started I used to reject all pools and suddenly I wasn't getting many pings.

Checked YouTube. Bunch of drivers say when they must accept Pools theyclick on "Stop Further Requests" That way you are giving a discounted ride to one rider but at least you're not letting the Nazi Empire profiteer on your efforts.

Also, if rider doesn't show in 2 minutes, cancel, get the cancellation fee. More than you might make giving the ride.

Sometimes you know you've got bad nav, the app sends you to alley behind shopping center. Love that. Wait 2 minutes, cancel. Costs the cheapskate more than he might save next 2 pools.

Meantime if Uber penalizes you for rejecting 2 pools in a row, only accept every other one.

And never -- EVER -- accept a Lyft Line. They don't penalize you. And you have no control over anything once you accept. 2nd rider a problem, you are screwed.

Again, they put 2 riders in your car they get paid twice for every mile you drive. They want to offer pools they should cut drivers in on our fair share.

Until then somebody orders a Pool or a Lyft Line they can wait there on the sidewalk until the ping goes to a driver too stupid to know what the score is.

Vive la Resistance!

Dchap08

You are paid less per mile and per minute with pool rides.
San Diego, about 75 cents per mile instead of 82.5. 9 cents a minute vs 11.
Up to you obviously, but less money per rides adds up really fast. I have asked to opt out of pool rides and customer service will not do it. I have to just decline pool rides, which I have started doing.
Acceptance rates don't mean anything for uber any more. Decline away!