1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

No tip for food delivery?! Boycott them.

Discussion in 'Deliver' started by outface, Oct 31, 2017.

1. outface

outface Well-Known Member

Stop delivery for UberEats and Postmates. Genarally, their customers never tip.

Deliver for Doordash. They will show your earning beforehand the delivery. You have plenty of time to accept or decline it.

2. Sethhh

Sethhh New Member

What works for me is to keep track of all the deliveries in the area you primarily work in...

I usually take screenshots of all my delivery with customer names and address. I have a file of all the nontippers..

When I pick up an order, I normally know the customer as
    •New or first time, •regular tipper, or •non tipper

I’ve completed near 2000 deliveries and by now I can almost nail 90% tipping deliveries.

Good luck!!

I wish we could have an online database of all the non-tippers by name and address where we could look up and cancel their deliveries once accepted.

Postmates and other in app tipping companies would start forcing min 10% gratuity on all delivers in order not to get their deliveries cancelled.

Mista T and BiggestScamInHistory like this.
  3. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yep, that's how it works if you're in one delivery area. With pizza delivery I knew all the regulars' addresses and tip records. Nice to know if you want to know who to deliver to first (if you have >1 delivery) or whether to get gas before or after you drop off the pizza. (And whether to open the box in the front seat, point the air conditioning on it and eat some pepperoni).

BiggestScamInHistory likes this.
  4. Chris1973

Chris1973 Well-Known Member

Bad humans are offsetting the delivery fee by not tipping. Not some, MOST. Cake and eat it too, so to speak.

Uberdriver2710 likes this.
  5. Uberdriver2710

Uberdriver2710 Well-Known Member

o_O Maybe the delivery apps should boost the rates to compensate for the 'non tippers'.

problem solved

sagaz99, Chris1973 and DannyDrives like this.
  6. outface

Customers thought the "delivery fee" included tips already. Another Uber way to mislead and confuse people.

7. HighRollinG

HighRollinG Well-Known Member

Are we suppose to tip on food delivery? Whats the delivery charge for then...seems like double dipping

8. Uberdriver2710

Uberdriver2710 Well-Known Member

AFAIK, The delivery charge is bare minimum, and goes to pay mileage, wait time, etc. Tips fill in the rest.

Chris1973 likes this.
  9. Nats121

Nats121 Well-Known Member

How do you know who the customer is? Ubereats hides the destination until AFTER you start the trip.

Chris1973 and Ezridax like this.
  10. Chris1973

It's pretty weird with UE lately. On Saturday and Sunday the tips are more like 1 of 4 deliveries, but during weekdays maybe 1/6. Analyze that.

Far as boycotting, my area is so sprawled out I have never delivered to a single repeat customer in 2 months. The only pattern I can see is college students and millenials in general NEVER TIP, but I don't know where the delivery is going until I take possession of the food on the UE app.

Aparantley idiots who are stupid enough to order $10 smoothies and think they are healthy don't tip either, regardless of age. So you can add the doosh bag hipster crowd to the non-tippers as well IMO, YMMV of course.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    sidemouse likes this.
  11. islanders88

islanders88 Well-Known Member

so true...its either a huge hit or a miss with tips which makes me wonder if Uber is ****ing up with driver's in-app
    tips on certain days.

12. outface

Uber stole drivers' toll due to system glitch. Why not steal tips? The drivers even don't have any proof that customers tipped them. So wonderful be a middle man and in full control of both sides.

DannyDrives and uberbomber like this.
  13. Chris1973

LOL, you missed my point. I meant analyze the end user.

My theory, responsible people may splurge on weekends, but the habitual weekday "user" is more likely to be a lazy ahole by nature with weak moral character, and therefore tends to tip less. I mean, if you are driving home from work anyway, wouldn't you just pick up your own takeout? How lazy can a person be?

14. islanders88

islanders88 Well-Known Member

not entirely true...from my experience, the % of people tipping on weekdays is slightly better than weekends...Fri and Sat are ok but Sundays have been a huge miss lately...out of 20 deliveries this past Sunday, only one person tipped...while the average is like 5 to 6 people tipping out of 20.

15. PrestonT

PrestonT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    But with DoorDash, you barely get any delivery fee when customers tip. They subvert the tip to be part of your base compensation.

All food delivery services suck, I've learned.

sidemouse, DannyDrives and uberbomber like this.
  16. DannyDrives

DannyDrives New Member

I need a new food delivery company to knock them all out of the water and pay is what we deserve.

17. sidemouse

sidemouse Active Member

That sounds great in theory except...
    1. As was pointed out, with Uber the driver has no idea who the order is going to until after they 'pick up' the food at the restaurant.
    2. There are so many non-tippers in my area you'd wait around all day, literally. Granted the numbers might improve slightly since you're targeting but don't forget that targeting means you're also stealing tips from the rest of the drivers.

Chris1973 likes this.
  18. Chris1973

Yeah the whole boycott thing is just a form of mental masturbation. Thread fail, but thanks for trying.

sidemouse likes this.
  19. bestpals

bestpals Well-Known Member

Most places the delivery charge goes to the business to pay the driver. The tip goes to the driver for the delivery of the food.

20. William1964

William1964 Well-Known Member

I'm averaging $10 per delivery. $0.50 per mile leaving a tip between 4 and $5.

I couldn't do this job without the tips. It's half my income