No Tip? Count on getting 1*

Lil'Lyftie

Always considered myself pretty hardcore about non-tippers. 2*s has been my normal for no tip.
But now, with The Way Things Are?
The drivers are literally risking their life for you.
Great! Please do that. That means you'll never be paired with them again, so if we're sitting next to each other in our Lyfts, I'll be getting that call in the future. And if you just drove them, that means they're one of the very few recurring/remaining riders we'll see in the next month(s). I'll gladly drive them, even if they don't tip, because I have to find someone to drive.

oishiin driving

Great! Please do that. That means you'll never be paired with them again, so if we're sitting next to each other in our Lyfts, I'll be getting that call in the future. And if you just drove them, that means they're one of the very few recurring/remaining riders we'll see in the next month(s). I'll gladly drive them, even if they don't tip, because I have to find someone to drive.
This is how entitled Uber drivers are putting Uber out of business.

doyousensehumor

Guys guys
We are entering a time when we should be happy for any rides we get.

Better additude = more tips

Recently I have been doing better on tips

Don't kid yourselves, times are about to get much harder. This is much better than nothing.

LyftUberFuwabolewa

If you're not getting tips you might want to up your game.

It's like if you're not getting dates. Sure, you can get a megaphone and yell at women as the hurry past. Or you could up your game. Note: Taking your mom to the Olive Garden isn't a date.

oishiin driving

(emphasis added)

.............and your complaint is__________________________________________________________?
No complaints.
Post automatically merged:

If you're not getting tips you might want to up your game.

It's like if you're not getting dates. Sure, you can get a megaphone and yell at women as the hurry past. Or you could up your game. Note: Taking your mom to the Olive Garden isn't a date.
Actually, playing for tips makes you look pathetic.
I took a ride recently with Lyft as my car went for routine maintenance and the guy was super nice, had candy and bottled water, and it was so hot inside, like he never opens windows for fresh air.
I didn’t say anything but it was cringy to say the least while he told me about his efforts. I don’t eat sugar cas my teeth are sensitive, and I avoid using plastic, I am a zero waste person, so that candy wrapper and the plastic bottle would instantly create waste, I’ve not created in years.
I didn’t say anything despite being put in a very uncomfortable situation from all sides.

I tipped him anyway, without waste. I always tip drivers.

Last edited:

Another Uber Driver

I am a zero waste person, so ...........the plastic bottle would instantly create waste, I’ve not created in years.
I take the plastic bottles home and put them into the recyclables can that The Capital of Your Nation issues to each home. Some of the stupidmarkets here have a recyclables bin as does Nationals Park, so I will put them there, as well.

oishiin driving

I take the plastic bottles home and put them into the recyclables can that The Capital of Your Nation issues to each home. Some of the stupidmarkets here have a recyclables bin as does Nationals Park, so I will put them there, as well.
If I may suggest, invest in a good reusable bottle. Kanteen or Swell have good selection. I’ve had a Swell for the last two years, it’s double walled, insulated and keeps drinks both hot and cold for 12 hours. If I buy a Frappuccino in the evening, and don’t drink it all, it’s still frozen in the morning.
I never leave without my Swell. It’s my closest companion.

The thing with recycling plastic is it’s wishful thinking, only 20% of plastic is actually recycled, and the rest doesn’t decompose in 500 years.

Another Uber Driver

The thing with recycling plastic is it’s wishful thinking, only 20% of plastic is actually recycled,
What do they do with the other eighty per-cent?

One of the problems with using recycled plastic is that its quality does decay when it is re-used. It goes either brittle or flimsy.......or both, so its utility is limited..

Another Uber Driver

You got me, I’ve no idea. When I find out, I’ll let you know.
I would be curious to know.

I have read more than one article, over the years, where it reads "only X per-cent of______________ actually goes to________________ .". The article then fails to tell you what happens to the rest of it. In some cases, you have a pretty good idea of what happens to the rest; such as some of these organised charities where supposedly only fifteen per-cent of what you give actually goes to help those who are supposed to benefit from this charity. In other cases, such as your example on the plastic, again, you might have a few possibilities, but, very few good guesses.

Lil'Lyftie

What do they do with the other eighty per-cent?
Shipped to China, Indonesia, Malaysia, then third world country landfill.
Now that those countries' gubbernments have imposed import bans on first world "recyclables" trash (a recent development, Google it), it goes to US landfills.
Still highly profitable for the waste management mafia. Charge ignorant consumers premium trash recycling fees, dispose of it for cheap.
Works the same way with "certified organic". You pay for someone designing and printing a plastic label to affix to the very same cucumber.

oishiin driving

Shipped to China, Indonesia, Malaysia, then third world country landfill.
Now that those countries' gubbernments have imposed import bans on first world "recyclables" trash (a recent development, Google it), it goes to US landfills.
Still highly profitable for the waste management mafia. Charge ignorant consumers premium trash recycling fees, dispose of it for cheap.
Works the same way with "certified organic". You pay for someone designing and printing a plastic label to affix to the very same cucumber.
In the D we have a recycling center where you can drop off your recyclables for free, and deposit them manually in different designated containers yourself. It’s like a big open warehouse with cool music on. There’s a section where you can drop off unwanted items or pick up items others left behind.
Ive also found an urban farm nearby with a natural composting stand where I drop off my compostables - food leftovers I freeze- on the way to the recycling center.
It’s a nice routine for me, I enjoy doing both. I end up with a half of paper grocery bag worth of incidental trash at the end of the month.

AllenChicago

My biggest tipper is going to be Uncle Sam for the next few months. A new high-octane Golden 💲Goose is being opened for business to 1099 employees.

x100

Always considered myself pretty hardcore about non-tippers. 2*s has been my normal for no tip.
But now, with The Way Things Are?
The drivers are literally risking their life for you.
Drivers in a bind drive, they're not doing a favor but realize they must work. Making it look like it's a favor to community? No! imho!

Most w a concern aren't driving. Poll showed 50% not driving.

As always considered a community service too, esp in these times.