No thanks Uber

k4ever

I reject these ones every day I work. Only way I would take a pax 4.70 or lower is if its surging above 2.2x on a 45+.

Call me nuts, but I actually prefer a 4.95/1.6x, than a 4.40/2.2x. Only long trips of course.

Would I take a 45+/3.0x with no traffic, on a 3.50 pax? Maybe once for the experience, but Im pretty sure I will regret it.

LAWeasel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I reject these ones every day I work. Only way I would take a pax 4.70 or lower is if its surging above 2.2x on a 45+.

Call me nuts, but I actually prefer a 4.95/1.6x, than a 4.40/2.2x. Only long trips of course.

Would I take a 45+/3.0x with no traffic, on a 3.50 pax? Maybe once for the experience, but Im pretty sure I will regret it.
I've done 4.2 +45 BUT it was from Universal, big difference than bar areas. They were actually ok. Foreigners not used to our culture I presume. Saw no reason to downrate them after the ride.

uberguyoc

Funny, people I pick up with low ratings are super nice these days. Almost trying their hardest not to get another low rating from me.

LAWeasel

How about this?
NOOOOO....
Low ratings on frequent fliers are usually short trips and no tip, and that guy is out of Southwest.

No thanks. I don't do pickups in A at LAX unless it's +30, high rating, and the horseshoe traffic is bad (so I get paid for sitting in it after picking up pax).

LAWeasel

I wouldn't pick up from Venice reguardless. Rather roll my dice at LAX
1.4XL to Burbank, about 10 minutes later. Lots of crap pings there. At night, it's like running a shuttle between Townhouse and Bungalows. Early mornings can sometimes get you something decent, but as it gets later it gets worse. I turn off Lyft, unless I want a shortie to LAX.

Driver_Down

Not from Venice. All drunks, all day. Xl = drunk x 6.
+45 I'd of done it. Reduces possibility of 1 bar to another.
Lol I’ve taken plenty of these usually most are fine maybe slightly annoying. Think I need to to stop focusing on lyft only and go back on Uber...hmmm is it surging consistently again?

LAWeasel

Lol I’ve taken plenty of these usually most are fine maybe slightly annoying. Think I need to to stop focusing on lyft only and go back on Uber...hmmm is it surging consistently again?
Usual patterns.
Part of the reason I don't get pinged there early mornings is many of them are going to LAX, which I purposely do not have on Uber. However, I should be pinged at other pattern times.Yesterday and Friday night was first time in 3 weeks I got surge rides out of there. Lyft will slam you with pings, but during the day it's mostly white.

Have no idea what it's doing today. Took the day off.

Driver_Down

Usual patterns.
Part of the reason I don't get pinged there early mornings is many of them are going to LAX, which I purposely do not have on Uber. However, I should be pinged at other pattern times.Yesterday and Friday night was first time in 3 weeks I got surge rides out of there. Lyft will slam you with pings, but during the day it's mostly white.

Have no idea what it's doing today. Took the day off.
Yeah I was trying something different doing lyft only and before when I used to healthy mix of 60/40 Uber/ lyft the majority of my lyft rides were at least $ making. Since I’ve only been doing lyft only 95% of my rides have become complete trash and it’s been very slow. It is now like Uber very few pings per hour

somedriverguy

I've done 4.2 +45 BUT it was from Universal, big difference than bar areas. They were actually ok. Foreigners not used to our culture I presume. Saw no reason to downrate them after the ride.
And in their home market 4.2 could.be a phenominal rating. That's the real problem with accepting Indians from India. In their market a three star rating is amazing, 4 star rating is reserved for Bollywood star sightings, and 5 stars for fully funded dowry marriages. No exceptions.