No temporary registration in state

KenM66

South Carolina doesn't have temporary registrations. You use an affidavit as the registration if pulled over and you have to wait. Other new cars without a tag have been online with Uber here, but I sent in the affidavit to uber and they won't take it. It's on 12+ hours and no response from uber support. The problem is the affidavit has no expiration date or anything relating to tags or registration.

surlywynch

Do you get a receipt for your application in addition to the affidavit? Perhaps something with the VIN and some dollar amount, Bill of sale?

KenM66

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I sent the bill of sale twice, they rejected it. So, I went to the DMV and got a temporary registration, but the clerk gave me an attitude about it because she said the dealer forms are supposed to be good enough, which she was right. I sent the temporary registration in and they approved it, but what happened is after Uber finally answered my support question two days later of what I'm supposed to provide, they said the bill of sale will suffice and sent me a sample copy of what it should look like, and what they told me to send in was the exact form they had already previously rejected twice! What the hell is going on in those Uber offices? It seems you'll contact two different people and get two different answers.

Mars Troll Number 4

I sent the bill of sale twice, they rejected it. So, I went to the DMV and got a temporary registration, but the clerk gave me an attitude about it because she said the dealer forms are supposed to be good enough, which she was right. I sent the temporary registration in and they approved it, but what happened is after Uber finally answered my support question two days later of what I'm supposed to provide, they said the bill of sale will suffice and sent me a sample copy of what it should look like, and what they told me to send in was the exact form they had already previously rejected twice! What the hell is going on in those Uber offices? It seems you'll contact two different people and get two different answers.
Asking the same question and expecting different results is the definition of insanity, However this is just the way it works at uber.

However if you ask uber support the same question 10 times inevitably...

5 will be out of context form letters
3 will be illegal
2 will be incorrect
1 will answer your problem
And 5 will leave you scratching your head