No talking? No tips.

Woohaa

Was fighting a cold earlier this week and just not in the mood to engage any pax other than "hi" and "bye."

And my tips really took a hit. Who knew that not playing the part of psych doctor Frazier Crane could have such an averse affect on your bottom line? :cool:

"OK caller, I'm listening."

Dj Khaled

Most people tip because they like you. Not because you car is clean or you are good driver or you got them there quick its because they liked you as a person/ driver .

But you have some unexpected tips coming from the least expected people to tip also.. like I had a old lady tip me $5 on a $3 pool ride :eek:

adrep1984

Most people tip because they like you. Not because you car is clean or you are good driver or you got them there quick its because they liked you as a person/ driver .

But you have some unexpected tips coming from the least expected people to tip also.. like I had a old lady tip me $5 on a $3 pool ride :eek:
Your right about that. I dont get car washes or anything and still get tips. Its all about how much they like you.

FreakOfNature

I almost never speak to the Pax. I'm a introvert on the rare occasions that I do talk to someone I can carry the conversation well.

It's easier to talk to older people just keep asking questions they won't shut up

Younger people you have be in the know
Ditto
Screenshot_2017-09-15-12-52-36.jpg

MissEeee

I am usually super cheerful and talkative when appropriate ( I can read peeps fairly well) I get really sweet comments and agree the better the conversation the better the tips.
Last week I had a couple of really rough days. All pool, no calls in surge - and still waiting for my pay from two weeks ago (7 more business days? Really? Come on Uber, seriously!). Just couldn't manage the cheery convo, polite, nice greetings were all I could manage. Aaaaaaand - no tips. Course it was all pool.

LA_Native

Better not to engage to have a conversation unless pax is willing to :frown:
It came from my experience
Thankfully, in 75 rides I've not had a bad experience. It seems pretty easy to read if they wanna talk. Often those that really don't want to seem to be good about making that known; they'll usually have their earbuds in and lay their head back and close their eyes .

Anyway, what was your experience? Did you get a poor rating?

Duckling

Thankfully, in 75 rides I've not had a bad experience. It seems pretty easy to read if they wanna talk. Often those that really don't want to seem to be good about making that known; they'll usually have their earbuds in and lay their head back and close their eyes .

I am a person who usually engages to have conversations. I try to make pax to talk more.
It's pretty boring with silence except music.
I don't really care about my rating that much.
P.S. I like old grandmas. They talk a lot!!!!
Quack! qu qua quack quack!
qua quackquack qu quac q Quack!!!!

ChortlingCrison

I am a person who usually engages to have conversations. I try to make pax to talk more.
It's pretty boring with silence except music.
I don't really care about my rating that much.

Quack! qu qua quack quack!
qua quackquack qu quac q Quack!!!!

Until Tedgey comes back, (which is still uncertain), you are the lead duck of this site. You must fulfill your duck-like responsibilities.

RunWithScissors

it's not the talking per se, it's the op's demeanor not "to engage with pax"

this could've have come across negatively thus affecting any potential tips

LA_Native

lol
You know, I haven't given one elderly person a ride yet. I'd say the avg for me has been 28. Only had one "talker." Nice enough guy, but told me all about the aftermath of his motorcycle accident that happened years ago. His friend, in the back seat fell asleep, lucky guy.

Duckling

lol
You know, I haven't given one elderly person a ride yet. I'd say the avg for me has been 28. Only had one "talker." Nice enough guy, but told me all about the aftermath of his motorcycle accident that happened years ago. His friend, in the back seat fell asleep, lucky guy.
Elders ask you questions endless. It's getting pretty tired to answer when it's a long ride.
Those average age of 28 ppl tip at all?

PrestonT

75 rides!

Wait till you have a great convo with a person, then they 1* you and falsely report you for safety and cleanliness.....for the free ride.

Duckling

75 rides!

Wait till you have a great convo with a person, then they 1* you and falsely report you for safety and cleanliness.....for the free ride.
Drivers will get a temporary suspension when pax reports you for breakpad squeaking and a broken mirror