No surges + decreased rates??

Meghann2185

No surges showing on the map the past couple weeks...? I know there were surges because I was paid for a few last night when I looked at my fare details. They just aren’t on the map. They are also multiplier surges instead of the usual dollar amount we usually have. Anyone else in Wilmington having this issue?
also.... I have done 7 trips tonight and made a whopping $20.38. This is absolutely not worth it!! What is going on???

GARY ANTONISSEN

How’s it going? I’ve been driving over 2 1/2 yrs in ILM. 4 nights a week 7-3 pm. You are exactly right. Surges drastically reduced in past few weeks. Definitely have not seen any multiplier rates.

wallae

No surges showing on the map the past couple weeks...? I know there were surges because I was paid for a few last night when I looked at my fare details. They just aren’t on the map. They are also multiplier surges instead of the usual dollar amount we usually have. Anyone else in Wilmington having this issue?
also.... I have done 7 trips tonight and made a whopping $20.38. This is absolutely not worth it!! What is going on???
Not sure how new you are but you can't make a living doing 3 dollar rides. No money near the mall. Too short. I need to average 7 dollar rides. 3 per hour.
Set yourself up to get rides downtown from ogden/wrightville beach. I will not even pickup downtown after a drop. Head back on MLK
I refuse to work for less than 17 an hour. I go home. The problem is, others do.

peteyvavs

Welcome to UP. You have to look at driving ride share as your own business, there will be times when you’ll be making little money, no different then if you had a store with no traffic.
You have to take a long term view and be patient.

wallae

Same here
Funny business. I learn

Way back, Dropped, was sitting by the river on Market, heavy traffic, got a request on 4th from the art deco condo. 6 minutes to get there. 3 minutes, girl runs out and gets in. Gotta wait for Mary to find here shoe. 11 minutes later we leave with Mary. Go to the river where I was. 7 minutes. 35 minutes total. 3.50 LOL. No more

Its nice not needing them. I decline 1/2 of requests. Take nothing over 7 minutes. I'd rather sit than drive the nasty cobblestone streets (red cross) for 8 bucks an hour.

I really try to only be out during surges. I will average a few surge rides with some no surge rides but on the whole When they stop, I stop.

wallae

A
Same here
How was last night for you? Fri...

I got positioned at 6 at the beach. Got a $10 no surge Mayfair to past Monkey Junction. 10 no surge from The Cape to Downtown. A 1.3x (my only surge) from Downtown to Jax on New Centre.
Then about 5 rides for 3 bucks from Dockside area to Blockade Runner. Got 1 from there to 40 and Gordon and went home at 9:30 with 17.66 per hour for 3 hours as it felt like I was only doing 12 an hour at the end with no surges

Last edited:

wallae

I did speak to Uber about this mystery surge that does not show on the map
Is anyone still here?

GARY ANTONISSEN

Exactly! Not showing on map anymore.
At end of night I see I may have gotten a few small ones.
Post automatically merged:

What did Uber say?

peteyvavs

Welcome to UP. You have to look at driving ride share as your own business, there will be times when you’ll be making little money, no different then if you had a store with no traffic.
You have to take a long term view and be patient.
But you are not your own boss, U/L are dictating what and how you’re too perform your duties, you’re subject to unfair deactivation without any recourse by any bogus complaints without any evidence of said infraction. YOU ARE NOT SELF EMPLOYED with U/L, it’s just an illusion.
U/L act unilaterally on what we’re paid without any input by drivers, driver’s are not compensated for their vehicles, fuel, and time when operating without a passenger.
U/L are deceiving everyone from the passengers, drivers and regulators.

wallae

I sent it. Use the passenger app and price a ride to find where the surge is and how big it is by the cost of your ride.
Then accept a close ride. I took one 6 minutes away and it was out of the area so I just canceled and took a 4 minute away ride and got 2.7x
Went back got another surge.
Went back, got no surge (Check the passenger app and saw that the surge was still going on so I canceled again.
Got a 3.7 seconds later