• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

No Surge

TwinCitiesDriver

I started driving in November and December, then ended up taking January off for unrelated reasons. Based on surging in November and December, I thought this was going to be a really good part-time gig. Well what I'm learning now in February -- and likely what anyone who's driven a while already knows -- is that November and December must be strong (if not the strongest) months for surging. Seems like there was red practically every morning, evening, and weekend. I guess that's because of weather and holiday activities. Now it seems like I never see any red on the map unless it's past 1:00am on Friday or Saturday.

I'm really hoping for lots of snow tomorrow :smiles:

By the way, why hasn't anyone figured out how to download and crunch Uber's surge pricing behavior per city so it can be predicted? I'd pay a little bit of money for access to reliable surge predictions based on weather, events, and seasonality.

Spike00

I'd pay a little bit of money for access to reliable surge predictions based on weather, events, and seasonality.
All it takes is looking at the weather, calendar of events & some common sense.....I think August & September & the Ryder Cup week were busier then Nov/Dec. That's just me tho. when it's busy, it all depends on how you work it & some luck involved (right place right time).

PTUber

dubz, I don't think Spike00 is way off. Just follow the action and you will usually find a surge. Plus the obvious downtown, Uptown, etc on the weekends, concerts & games whenever they are, etc.
TC Driver I don't think surge pricing can be predicted. Too many variables like how many drivers are out, how many riders are out, Uber messing with the app. You just have to watch and learn and attack when it make sense. But remember don't chase the surge work the surge!