NO SURGE NO RIDE....CANCELLATIONS...NO UBER POOL...WALK THE WALK!

Challenge Accepted?

• NO! I like making base fare, I am a glorified pizzaboy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAYBE! I am a noober and don't understand.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MulletMan

I've been on this forum for a month now. Dam I wish I had read before I started. SO many mistakes. Now, I have moved into 'rookie' category from 'noober'. I am one of those who is not super bitter at Uber because I started at the low rates AND 25% cut for the man. However, I want to be a smarter driver. It's all about the money right?

I am challenging ALL Atlanta drivers to:

0. Uber Passenger App ON for true surging times and rates.
1. Uber Driver App off until surge.
2. Collect as many cancel fees as possible.
3. NO Uber Pool.
4. Lyft App on always except Uber rides.
5. Walk the Walk; Post That Screenshot!

I realize the possibility of this having an impact is slim to none; we are Atlantans, land of the complacent and the home of the Braves. However, unless you HAVE to have the cash to survive, we can implement the above strategy to increase per trip/per hour/per mile cash in our pockets; and in the process send the shaft to UBER and spread the love to LYFT. If we do nothing we can expect further abuse; rate cuts, pool shoved down our throats, etc. Nothing worse than a pax canceling surge, pax waiting three minutes and then getting a fare non surge. It's not a fight with pax; it's a game. I like winning!

POST THAT SHITE!!! DON'T BE A TUFF GUY AND TALK THE TALK; BE A MAN AND WALK THE WALK.

I'll start the posting sshot. See the VIP won the game last night. I didn't shut off my app fast enough; plus I accepted without a surge. I should have ACRO. RISE UP!! :cool:

Screenshot_2016-03-17-10-03-20.png

Realityshark

Take the time you spend Uber driving and come up with a better way to make money. At 78 cents per mile (before expenses ), the bar is set so low, you have to be brain dead to not figure out a better alternative.

PTCGUY

Take the time you spend Uber driving and come up with a better way to make money. At 78 cents per mile (before expenses ), the bar is set so low, you have to be brain dead to not figure out a better alternative.
I just love your original and witty posts! Very thought provoking. Keep them coming because I find them extremely helpful.

MulletMan

I just love your original and witty posts! Very thought provoking. Keep them coming because I find them extremely helpful.
Aww shux man, thanks. I'm just a fat old happy guy with time on my hands. I actually like part time driving, meeting ppl, and squeezing every frikkin dime I can out of 'em. You just gotta take the good with the bad; like the whole lot a rosie i had last nite. Any move on her part was similar to a 50 mph lateral gust of wind on 75south going 80 mph. My poor shocks!

laff.jpg

Last edited:

Uber_Dre

I believe I've been talking about this strategy since I started posting. As far as chasing, I don't chase. I know where to sit where I'll be in between 2-3 surge zones at the same time so I can just wait. On the right days and times it doesn't take long.

Uber_Dre

On another note, I was looking up the uber driver who got robbed in Atlanta and saw an uber promotion guaranteeing $3000*/month for driving 40hrs a week in your 1st month. Of course the asterisk was for 3k in GROSS (minus booking fees and 25% cut) fares and u had to have 90% accept rate. That means there may be an influx of new drivers out there messing up the game for the rest of us. You would probably make that driving 40hrs a week anyways, but these noobs won't know. Surges may be a little harder to come by in the short term.

MulletMan

Kind of difficult to drive "smartly" for uber with all the rate cuts. Chasing surges is too much of a [email protected] I wish lyft would come to Cedarrapids. In a couple of years uber will be featured on "American Greed". Travis and Bernie(Madoff) would make great cellmates.
employ the strategy above or tell me a better one. I'm all ears. :cool:

MulletMan

I believe I've been talking about this strategy since I started posting. As far as chasing, I don't chase. I know where to sit where I'll be in between 2-3 surge zones at the same time so I can just wait. On the right days and times it doesn't take long.
Yes, good you figured it out a while back.. In my experience it helps to keep reiterating the same idea over and over and over again. Sooner or later it will sink in or someone will come up with a better idea as things evolve. But u know what they say, can't fix stupid. I light up my pax app and i see many cars on top of each other; hoping for that ping for the $4 jackpot for taking Sally to Kroger; and back. :cool:

MulletMan

On another note, I was looking up the uber driver who got robbed in Atlanta and saw an uber promotion guaranteeing $3000*/month for driving 40hrs a week in your 1st month. Of course the asterisk was for 3k in GROSS (minus booking fees and 25% cut) fares and u had to have 90% accept rate. That means there may be an influx of new drivers out there messing up the game for the rest of us. You would probably make that driving 40hrs a week anyways, but these noobs won't know. Surges may be a little harder to come by in the short term.
Heck yea bro there's a sukker born every day; I just hate it that I was one of em a month ago when i signed up. :cool:

PTCGUY

Yes, good you figured it out a while back.. In my experience it helps to keep reiterating the same idea over and over and over again. Sooner or later it will sink in or someone will come up with a better idea as things evolve. But u know what they say, can't fix stupid. I light up my pax app and i see many cars on top of each other; hoping for that ping for the $4 jackpot for taking Sally to Kroger; and back. :cool:
As long as Sally buys me a bag of double stuffed oreos every time, I will take everyday of the week to Kroger. I ain't proud.

Uber_Dre

Just got an email about canceling too many rides. I know why I got it tho, canceled a ride that I accepted trying to go offline. Then surge hits and I get request from the same guy! What are the odds, was in the suburbs tho. So today I notice uber removed the surge and then sent me that email. Screw them, I'll just be more careful signing off when surges end and let non surge pings timeout.

PTCGUY

Just got an email about canceling too many rides. I know why I got it tho, canceled a ride that I accepted trying to go offline. Then surge hits and I get request from the same guy! What are the odds, was in the suburbs tho. So today I notice uber removed the surge and then sent me that email. Screw them, I'll just be more careful signing off when surges end and let non surge pings timeout.
Looks like I should be getting an email soon then. When I am down by the airport, I am constantly getting pinged for airport pick ups. I let one time out and then accept and cancel the next to keep from getting kicked offline. These pings get in my way of getting LEGAL rides around the airport.